Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is this card sooooo high?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
my guess is it was pulled off th ebat with all the interest in The Cup and the fact that he plays for the habs now. (even though he is pictured still wearing a blues uni... photoshop UD photoshop)

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Lots of people want it....

On a serious note, Eller is a decent prospect and he plays for the most popular team in the hobby now.

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
I agree, it is a bit higher than expected, but there are a couple of reasons. #1 - it's probably his best rookie year 1/1 card and from the premier product in the sport. Cup Black 1/1's always fetch decent return even for scrubs. #2 - Eller was traded in the offseason to Montreal, the home of probably the most competitive and financially insane fans in the hobby. Going to Montreal probably more than doubled the value of that card. #3- he immediately becomes one of the best prospects in the Montreal system. Hobbyists who follow Montreal are much more likely to spend huge coin on a potential future star than a modest St. Louis fanbase. St. Louis actually has a decent stable of young talent but there is not a ton of competition in the hobby for their prospects.

I would have thought the card to end in the $800 range and half that if he was still a Blues player.

Members online

Latest posts