Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

krukcards shill bidding or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I recently caught krukcards shilling. Almost 4,000 bids buyer, 95% with krukcards. That's so ridiculous that I can't even see how eBay isn't knowingly allowing it. 4,000 bids from one account is not small-time shilling.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Yup I got a refund a while back when I realized I was shilled, they didnt even argue it.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I have purchased a few jerseys from them, a couple at good deals, but recently it seems that someone always pushes the item to my max bid but not over.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Yes, they shill bid. I won a low-end Zito autograph from them a while ago that would have gone for $0.99 if it weren't for a bidder with 95% activity that pushed it to $4.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
As long as the eBay fee structure includes a formula based on final value, it's in their best interest to allow shill bidding to continue. $$ = Motivation

Tom

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
I fell victim too and got a refund thru ebay. It's sad that ebay knows about this and yet the account is still active. One shaddy mo' fo'

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Sad. I used to buy from them a lot with no problems. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Donovan, you are always on the case. :D you should start a private detective agency. :cool:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Yeah, the PSA boards are a joke. They wouldn't even allow a thread that simply shows how krukcards is breaking the law, even though all the info posted was right on eBay for everyone and anyone to see. PSA is shady, they probably have some kind of connection or something. Why have a sportscard forum if collectors aren't even allowed to warn each other about frauds and thieves.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Reported krukcards for shilling again. They shill nearly ALL of their auctions now. It's insane that they can get away with BREAKING THE LAW and eBay does nothing. We need to keep reporting them to the authorities. Almost ALL of their auctions are shilled.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
I posted something in the PSA forum a couple years ago about suspected shilling by Crook Cards. I'm beginning to suspect shilling is becoming fairly rampant on eBay. It wasn't long ago the cards I sold went at or above average hammer prices, likely due to my high feedback and low shipping rates. Now I'm content just to get near average hammer as the average is seemingly inflated by phony bids. I've been getting a few more second chance offers further suggesting phony bidding action.

I snipe most everything above $5 but this only protects from nibblers, not the one and done shill.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
5th time (possibly more) that this has been listed. Sent them a nice little message.

Ends 10/31
http://cgi.ebay.com/59-1995-96-Parkhurs ... 20b4ab1d7f

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0467280759
Ended 10/24 Winner m*m* g*g* bidding Immediately relisted, like always

http://cgi.ebay.com/59-1995-96-Parkhurs ... 1e5ec74322
Ended 10/17 Winner m*m* No fb left/rec’d Snipe BV $354 Won for $12
g*g* bidding

http://cgi.ebay.com/59-1995-96-Parkhurs ... 20b456a476
Ended 10/10 Winner m*m* No fb left/rec’d Snipe BV $354 Won for $10
g*g* bidding Items bid on 91 (100%)

Ended 10/3 g*g* bidding
Krukisashiller.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
When this thread first popped up, my heart dropped a bit since I was bidding on one of his items.

To be fair, the staring price was 24.99, I was the only bidder and he didn't shill it.

Not saying he doesn't, just saying he easily could have shilled another 20 out of my auction.......

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Items bid on: 91
Total Bids: 203
Bid activity with this seller: 100%

Nah, theres nothing going on here ::facepalm::

Latest posts