Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
As someone who has watched nearly every Doc start in his career, I had tears in my eyes after the last out. He deserved that more than anything. It was only slightly bittersweet that it wasn't able to happen in Toronto. I'm over the moon right now.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
braden said:
As someone who has watched nearly every Doc start in his career, I had tears in my eyes after the last out. He deserved that more than anything. It was only slightly bittersweet that it wasn't able to happen in Toronto. I'm over the moon right now.

I wish he were back in Toronto - I was able to pick up cards cheap. :D

Damn him that he is in Philly as it's higher profile with more passionate fans and the price of his stuff has risen.

I am glad of his achievement tonight as he continues to be my favorite MLB pitcher, despite that the veil has been lifted on his greatness with his change of scenery to Philly.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Among the impressive list of stats from last night's no-no, I think the coolest one was that Halladay is the first MLB pitcher to have more hits batting than hits allowed pitching. :eek:

As a Jays fan, it is definitely bitter sweet to see him do so well in a Phillies uniform, but I wish him all the best. He put in his time in Toronto and deserves a shot at a ring. He went from the worst record in MLB and a demotion to single-A to work out his mechanics, to a Cy Young award, to a perfect game, and now a post-season no-no. Awesome!

- R.

Members online