Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Triple Threads Rookie Card Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
I am surprise how low some of these are going.... In Hockey you have the Cup, in Basketball you have Exquisite, in Football National Treasures (i think) but in baseball it seems that they only one on card high-end jersey/patch cards that you can get for a rookie card is Triple Threads (unless I am forgetting one) yet they are not getting a premier price like in other sports. Is there a reason for this? With the on-card autos these rookie cards are really sharp looking.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
elemin8 said:
I am surprise how low some of these are going.... In Hockey you have the Cup, in Basketball you have Exquisite, in Football National Treasures (i think) but in baseball it seems that they only one on card high-end jersey/patch cards that you can get for a rookie card is Triple Threads (unless I am forgetting one) yet they are not getting a premier price like in other sports. Is there a reason for this? With the on-card autos these rookie cards are really sharp looking.

It's because unlike the other sports, many of the on card autos in TTT are NOT real rookie cards...their RC's were from sets from years back...so, yes that's the most likely reason.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Most of the players on these 'rookie' cards have cards from years past.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
See this is the problem though...if you are to say the first card out for a player is their 'rookie card' then half the time this will be their bowman card as since its is a prospect product they will release the prospects most of the times before they get to the league. Now if you say that cards with the RC logo on it is their rookie card these are the cards with the most value because you get an auto and jersey from the player in his rookie year. I know this is the ongoing argument among collectors but just wondering if the opinion is starting to change especially since prospect autos are coming out after the first card of prospects (sometimes a year later) and they seem to trump those so having the first card auto should in theory be less then a card with an auto and the rookie logo on it. Also would Bowman chrome autos have less value if the major league team names were not used but the affiliate names?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Not only that, but (not to beat a dead horse) this stuff isn't "High-End" any more. National Treasures is like $500 a box.

Members online