Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What are your current LCS prices?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubuffs13

Mar 24, 2010
Provo, UT
Just stopped by the LCS to pick up some supplies and thought about maybe picking up a box of Topps Chrome if it was around $60. I should have know better. Topps Chrome was $90, Elite $100, and Triple Threads $125/pack, $240/box. Needless to say i left with some one-touches and some top loaders. What are the prices at your stores?

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
cubuffs13 said:
Just stopped by the LCS to pick up some supplies and thought about maybe picking up a box of Topps Chrome if it was around $60. I should have know better. Topps Chrome was $90, Elite $100, and Triple Threads $125/pack, $240/box. Needless to say i left with some one-touches and some top loaders. What are the prices at your stores?

Elite $130
TTT $275
Chrome out of

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
ljw29 said:
cubuffs13 said:

Elite $130
TTT $275
Chrome out of

Jesus

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
justinmandawg said:
ljw29 said:
cubuffs13 said:

Elite $130
TTT $275
Chrome out of

Jesus

What he said....

Elite $109
TTT $239
Chrome $85

And I thought all these were pretty dang high

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
this thread is a perfect example of why brick and morter stores are going belly-up. They refuse to compete with online wholesalers as far as prices go. Sure I might pay 70 bucks at my LCS if something sells online for 60 but what gets me is when they try to get 100 for that same 60 dollar box.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
sigma_chi said:
this thread is a perfect example of why brick and morter stores are going belly-up. They refuse to compete with online wholesalers as far as prices go. Sure I might pay 70 bucks at my LCS if something sells online for 60 but what gets me is when they try to get 100 for that same 60 dollar box.

I agree, it's like they totally ignore the fact the internet exists and people can check and see what cards sell for online.

On Topps chrome I give some a pass though as it has dropped in value as people are dumping it cheap already. I think $80 would have been the standard if the presses hadn't cranked and Stras hadn't got hurt.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
sigma_chi said:
Stubborness is not why Card Shops are going out of business. The internet is why. Brick and mortars have overhead costs(space to rent, utilities, wages to pay, etc.) that some schmo working out of his house doesn't. I miss the days when going to a card shop was a treat. There is one decent one in the Indy area. 10-15 years ago there were 5-10. I love the accessibility of Ebay, COMC, Beckett Marketplace, etc. but don't blame stubbornness to compete as a reason why shops are going belly-up.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Elite $99.95
Topps Chrome $69.95
TTT $199.95
Store usually offers deals and such to regulars and every other Thursday is pack wars and there are deals that night too.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
justinmandawg said:
Old Kentucky Shark said:
I'm at:

TT-$185
EEE-$90
Chrome-$69 ($65 for regulars b/c I want to move it fast)

Thats pretty solid

Thanks.

And a question for those who frequent shops with the higher prices: Are they sitting on alot of stuff because of their mark-up, or are the boxes moving quickly?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Old Kentucky Shark said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Old Kentucky Shark":1wr4wkev]I'm at:

TT-$185
EEE-$90

Thats pretty solid

Thanks.

And a question for those who frequent shops with the higher prices: Are they sitting on alot of stuff because of their mark-up, or are the boxes moving quickly?[/quote:1wr4wkev]

Are there any other shops in T-town now?

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Old Kentucky Shark said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Old Kentucky Shark":2z8eijlh]I'm at:

TT-$185
EEE-$90

Thats pretty solid

Thanks.

And a question for those who frequent shops with the higher prices: Are they sitting on alot of stuff because of their mark-up, or are the boxes moving quickly?[/quote:2z8eijlh]

Moving at a decent clip because only option there is

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
justinmandawg said:
Old Kentucky Shark said:
justinmandawg said:
[quote="Old Kentucky Shark":3o9ux8k4]I'm at:

TT-$185
EEE-$90

Thats pretty solid

Thanks.

And a question for those who frequent shops with the higher prices: Are they sitting on alot of stuff because of their mark-up, or are the boxes moving quickly?

Are there any other shops in T-town now?[/quote:3o9ux8k4]

Yeah, there's one other, but he's mostly NASCAR now. From what I understand, he has no single cards for sale, does not sell packs, and mainly sells by the case to a core group of buyers. He's direct and goes through one other distributor, so in most cases, when he is out of something, he's out for good. He rarely reorders anything.