Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pics from Consol Energy Center opening night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
A buddy of mine from work and I have a deal that whenever our company has a drawing for 4 tickets to a Pens or Steeler game that we split them if one of us wins, so we each get 2 tickets and improve our odds of going to a game. Well, he won the 4 tickets to tonight's Pens home opener at the new arena!!!! WOW is that place NICE!!! We had awesome seats and we had a blast. Here are the pics that I took along with 1 video.

This is a video of Mario Lemieux pouring water from the old ice from Mellon Arena onto the new ice:

th_Pens1stGame020.jpg

Here are the pics:

Pens1stGame001.jpg

Pens1stGame002.jpg

Pens1stGame003.jpg

Pens1stGame012.jpg

Pens1stGame008.jpg

Pens1stGame019.jpg

Pens1stGame018.jpg

Pens1stGame011.jpg

Pens1stGame010.jpg

Pens1stGame021.jpg

Pens1stGame022.jpg

Pens1stGame016.jpg

Pens1stGame013.jpg

Pens1stGame015.jpg

Pens1stGame014.jpg

Pens1stGame024.jpg

Pens1stGame028.jpg

Pens1stGame026.jpg

Pens1stGame025.jpg

Pens1stGame023.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Tim I'm glad you finally got to go to the CEC and that is awesome that you got to go to the Opening Game. great pics. I can't wait to see the Mario Mosaic on Saturday night.

I would love to see a pic or scan of your Commemorative Aluminum Ticket.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
pghbuccos said:
Tim I'm glad you finally got to go to the CEC and that is awesome that you got to go to the Opening Game. great pics. I can't wait to see the Mario Mosaic on Saturday night.

I would love to see a pic or scan of your Commemorative Aluminum Ticket.
I didn't get to see the mosaic up close, just from the floor above where I took the pic from.

I'll get a scan of it up tomorrow night, I'm too lazy to do it tonight. :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I figured it will probably be too hard to get close to the Mosaic for a few more weeks.

I don't blame you for not wanting to scan the ticket tonight. I can wait until tomorrow :D

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry for taking so long to get a pic of the aluminum ticket up. I also scanned the Ice Time magazine they gave away, it's a lot nicer than the normal ones they hand out.

CECaluminumticket.jpg

CEChomeopenericetime.jpg

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks for posting the pics Tim.

the ticket looks very cool. I am probably going to buy one from the Pens website.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
pghbuccos said:
thanks for posting the pics Tim.

the ticket looks very cool. I am probably going to buy one from the Pens website.
You're welcome.

I think I'm going to get my ticket etched with the seat I was in, it only costs $5 at the Wendell August Forge store in Grove City.