Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Strange Triple Threads Pull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Strange story. My LCS had a guy come in who wanted a box of triple threads and while his credit card was processing, he ripped off the plastic. His card was declined so my LCS was stuck. I took a chance and did the box. First pack was a booklet of Pujols, Howard, etc. The second pack was strange since it had two hits. First was a Howie Kendrick auto and then this:

mpitcherttt10.jpg

So has anyone any idea what the relics areand also howshould I listthis on eBay? Thx

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There's a similar Paul Revere card for $499. I like the note on the back that reads,"The relics contained on this card are not from any specific event or era." So it could be anything from anywhere. The Revere looks like dirt or sand or maybe particle board. The Pitcher looks like crumbly cork or dirt.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Running between medical appointments but will get better scans up later. Took the photo from my phone.

4e15991c.jpg

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Hey, thats the same as a Lewis and Clark sand relic pulled from my shop last year, it was #d to 3 and sold for only $90. It says on the back the sand is not from any specific place or era or something like that, just plain old sand. By the way, at Atlanta, boxes are only $139 now!! Has TTT ever gone so low?

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
If it's just sand..... ::facepalm:: At least there was another hit in the pack.

Born in 1754, Mary Ludwig Hays McCauley was the daughter of a New Jersey dairy farmer. At the age of 13, she went to work as a domestic/servant. During the same year — still at 13 — she married a man by the name of William Hays (a barber). When the Revolutionary War began, William enlisted and became a gunner in the Pennsylvania Artillery. Mary eventually joined her husband as a campfollower during the Philadelphia Campaign (1777-1778) in New Jersey eventually wintering with the Army at Valley Forge.

We all have come to know her as "Molly Pitcher." She gained this title later on at the Battle of Monmouth. The only contemporary witness to the scene in June of 1778 describes the scene of the husband and wife — Mary and William — working together: "A woman whose husband belonged to the artillery and who was then attached to a piece in the engagement, attended with her husband at the piece the whole time. While in the act of reaching a cartridge and having one of her feet as far before the other as she could stemp, a cannon shot from the enemey passed directly between her legs without doing any other damage than carrying away all the lower part of her petticoat. Looking at it with apparent unconcern, she observed that it was lucky it did not pass a little higher, for in that case it might have carried away something else, and continued her occupation."

At the close of the War, William and Mary Hays returned to Pennsylvania. They settled in Carlisle where Mary went back to work as a domestic as well as a "charwoman" in the State House in Carlisle. After the death of William, Mary remarried another Rev War vet by the name of John McCauley. She was awarded a pension in 1822 by the Pennsylvania State Legislature and it wasn't until the anniversary of the War in 1876 that a marker — noting her exemplary service — was placed on her grave. She died on January 22, 1832.

Djarum

Oct 7, 2010
Kentucky
A quick history on "Molly Pitcher"...

Molly Pitcher was a nickname given to a woman said to have fought in the American Revolutionary War. Since various Molly Pitcher tales grew in the telling, many historians regard Molly Pitcher as folklore, rather than history, or suggest that Molly Pitcher may be a composite image inspired by the actions of a number of real women. The name itself may have originated as a nickname given to women who carried water to men on the battlefield during the war.

My guess would be that its "dirt/gravel" from an area where the Revolutionary War had happened.

Dale

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
only topps can turn junk into gold....wen't those magic bean cards selling for a few
hundred?

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
You basically have a 1/5 card of Molly Pitcher. Even mentioning it as a "relic" is deceiving by Topps. To be fair, it wasn't used as the big hit in the pack. Better than getting a base card.

Members online