Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rangers-Rays Game 3 Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Down 0-2 is nut check time. You'll be able to tell in the first two innings if the Rays even want to win this game. If they don't come out with some fire, they might as well have not even taken the trip to Texas.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Someone made a thread stating that Jorge Posada might be the worst receiving catcher in baseball......no way, John Jaso has that honor. Don't get me wrong, I love the way he plays, he is probably the Rays' best base runner, but he struggles to 'catch' the ball sometimes. Never mind the blocking of balls in the dirt or throwing guys out, which is weak at as well. Rays are now down 1-0 because their catcher couldn't catch. Hopefully Jaso can make up for it with the bat.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Jaso's vision was blocked by Andrus' bat after squaring around to bunt. The replay showed the bat right at eye level.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
stu said:
Jaso's vision was blocked by Andrus' bat after squaring around to bunt. The replay showed the bat right at eye level.

Ok, he gets a pass on that one, but what about the last 30 times that same thing has happened to let a runner advance? Notice how he stabs at the ball instead of letting it come to him. He'll get excited and jump up out of his crouch before the balls reaches home plate as well. Just very bad catching mechanics all around. With that said, like I mentioned, he has the best base running instincts of anyone on the roster, Crawford and Bartlett included. He advances on every ball in the dirt when he's on and always hustles. Just isn't a Major League catcher....yet. Maybe next Spring they can work on his receiving because his bat at that position is very valuable for the Rays.

PENA!!! Noooooooo..... Got excited there when Pena swung and made contact

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
GO RANGERS!

yt.jpg

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Someone made a thread stating that Jorge Posada might be the worst receiving catcher in baseball......no way, John Jaso has that honor. Don't get me wrong, I love the way he plays, he is probably the Rays' best base runner, but he struggles to 'catch' the ball sometimes. Never mind the blocking of balls in the dirt or throwing guys out, which is weak at as well. Rays are now down 1-0 because their catcher couldn't catch. Hopefully Jaso can make up for it with the bat.

Way to go, Jaso!!

Let this lead hold and we live to fight it out another day. Either way, at least the Rays have shown some fight today. They didn't lay down, even after they got down early.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Crawford! He did it in the field. He did it at the plate.

And yet the Rays likely won't re-sign him.

How much sense does that make?

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Jaypers said:

Despite having Burrell contract off the books. Along with Pena's and Soriano's should they not resign either of them. It's so frustrating.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:

A lot of cents... (pardon the pun as I would love to see him stay, but know the issue is not performance here.)

Members online

Latest posts