Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will the Phillies even bother losing a game the rest of 2010

Will the Phillies even bother losing a game the rest of 2010

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I do believe the Phillies are the FAVORITES to win the WS, but that doesn't mean they will. I'm hoping for a Phillies vs. Rangers WS. That way if the Phillies lose, I won't be TOO disappointed b/c Hamilton and Vladdy will get their rings. Even though I root for them, Phillies losing the WS last year (or this year) was nothing compared to the Orioles losing back-to-back ALCS in 1996 and 1997: :(

That said, I do believe the Giants and Yankees could take the Phillies down. But the only way the Giants take them down is if their SP pitches like they do and the Phillies offense is the usual awfulness and the Phillies SP stumbles (I think the Phillies take it in 6 vs the Giants)

If it's a Rays/Rangers vs Phillies WS, I don't see either of those teams beating the Phillies.

There are only two teams that block the Phillies path from a second WS championship in 3 years: Giants and Yankees. Anything else is Phillies gold.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Phills should win the W.S. but it will definitely get harder starting now. W.S. against the Yanks should be a great series, most likely seven games.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
our pitching is doing MUCh better this year than last year so we have a good chance of winning it all this year. But you never know
In the 3 games we gave up what 4 runs? and in 2 of the games 0!

H2O baby!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
markakis8 said:
I do believe the Phillies are the FAVORITES to win the WS, but that doesn't mean they will. I'm hoping for a Phillies vs. Rangers WS. That way if the Phillies lose, I won't be TOO disappointed b/c Hamilton and Vladdy will get their rings. Even though I root for them, Phillies losing the WS last year (or this year) was nothing compared to the Orioles losing back-to-back ALCS in 1996 and 1997: :(

That said, I do believe the Giants and Yankees could take the Phillies down. But the only way the Giants take them down is if their SP pitches like they do and the Phillies offense is the usual awfulness and the Phillies SP stumbles (I think the Phillies take it in 6 vs the Giants)

If it's a Rays/Rangers vs Phillies WS, I don't see either of those teams beating the Phillies.

There are only two teams that block the Phillies path from a second WS championship in 3 years: Giants and Yankees. Anything else is Phillies gold.
i will bring this back up in a few weeks!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
if the Rays win tomorrow the Yankees will crap their pants, and do a Santo OHHHH NOOOO! Rays will take it all if they win tomorrow.why is it yanks phills, phills yanks.i hope for the Rays and Braves!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
nosterbor said:
if the Rays win tomorrow the Yankees will crap their pants, and do a Santo OHHHH NOOOO! Rays will take it all if they win tomorrow.why is it yanks phills, phills yanks.i hope for the Rays and Braves!

The Rangers were looking pretty scary for the first 2 games, and the Rays didn't really seem like that great of a team. I think either one of them can take the Yankees.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
nosterbor said:

I don't think the Braves will make it past the Giants. Too many injuries to the Giants, and not having Billy Wagner really hurts their chances. Look what happened yesterday? Missing Martin Prado & Billy Wagner. Ouch.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
RL24 said:
nosterbor said:

The Rangers were looking pretty scary for the first 2 games, and the Rays didn't really seem like that great of a team. I think either one of them can take the Yankees.

Exactly.

And even if it were the Rays Price would pitch on short rest or not until game three

James "Small Game" Shields and Matt Garza don't scare me, nor does their offense.

The Rangers are the better team IMO.

Members online