Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buy, Sell , and Hold Topps Chrome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
A different version of the game

I know overall most are disappointed with the product but I still feel some players are good buys:

For me:

Buying: Mejia, and Wade Davis
Holdings from my own breaks: Mejia, Davis, Strasburg, and Carlos Santana
Selling; Everyone else

I also bought a Sergio Santos Red non auto for $2.35 DLVD> I do not collect him but for that price why not?

What about you?

mannyramirezcollec

Apr 11, 2009
I bought a Ruben Tejada blue refractor auto for 9.00, thought it was a decent buy. I want to buy some Mejia's but I'm not sure if I should buy the 2010 Topps chromes or the 2009 Elites.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Buy both! I got a Mejia elite this week for around $4 DLVD.

mannyramirezcollec said:
I bought a Ruben Tejada blue refractor auto for 9.00, thought it was a decent buy. I want to buy some Mejia's but I'm not sure if I should buy the 2010 Topps chromes or the 2009 Elites.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
What's scary is how much of this is out there. Dealers locally in Indy are sitting on 3 to 5 cases at $74.95 a box and won't budge off the price.

There are going to be boxes of this stuff floating around forever or until Stras comes back better than before.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
My LCS is selling them fro $4 a pack. I did not even bother finding out how muchhe wanted for a box

morgoth said:
What's scary is how much of this is out there. Dealers locally in Indy are sitting on 3 to 5 cases at $74.95 a box and won't budge off the price.

There are going to be boxes of this stuff floating around forever or until Stras comes back better than before.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
morgoth said:

agreed.

the clincher for me was seeing a gravity box of it at Target

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
morgoth said:

Or the Stras-super does not get pulled anytime soon. :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Huffamaniac said:
My LCS is selling them fro $4 a pack. I did not even bother finding out how muchhe wanted for a box

morgoth said:

4 a pack isn't there like 24 packs in a box? If so i can see 3 a pack then ;)

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Hoping to get some Stantons because I am a Marlins fan :lol: I think a few of these can move up. I mean stantons for 15$ if he does great next year these could see 40$. I mean its still a "chrome" auto and some people prefer rookie stuff.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
This is the PERFECT STORM product to stash away.

Strasburg comes back strong, Heyward, Stanton, Santana, Castro all produce...BOOM!

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
PeteD said:
This is the PERFECT STORM product to stash away.

Strasburg comes back strong, Heyward, Stanton, Santana, Castro all produce...BOOM!

True in one sense that they would add value regardless of print run if they all become stars. However, with this MUCH overproduction it will take awhile for prices to stabilize.

I could see in maybe 5 years once 2 to 3 superstars come out of this then they could go up in value but man they overproduced this by a ton.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I am sorry what is a gravity box?

ThoseBackPages said:
morgoth said:

agreed.

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
The prices would start to rise if there were not a bunch of rookie themed releases still to come. Topps is releasing a glut of products over the next two months and I think all of them will tank short term.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Huffamaniac said:
I am sorry what is a gravity box?

ThoseBackPages said:
morgoth said:

agreed.

Sometimes listed just as "48ct retail"ish type listings, these are gravity boxes:

102_0025.jpg

Members online

Latest posts