Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hi, In The Game Baseball here.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ITGBaseball

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto, CA
Hi, I am Chris (The Internet Marketing guy at ITG)

Some of you may have seen some promotional material surrounding a ITG Baseball release. Some of you who collect hockey might have also seen our hockey releases. We are targeting an early 2011 Baseball release and would like to keep an open line of communication with collectors as far as this product goes.

We will be posting news and updates here, as well as on...

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toronto-O ... 1417449997

Twitter http://www.twitter.com/ITGBaseball

Just thought I would say hi!

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Being an avid hockey guy in addition to baseball i will always endorse any ITG product. Dr. Price, the cat who owns ITG, is a collector like us and pours his heart and soul into every release. he hasn't had the NHLPA license in five years yet constantly turns out the best hockey stuff out there. I am hoping it is the same for baseball (i know it will be). you have my vote for sure.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If the baseball product is anything close to what has come out in hockey...we're in for a treat. Welcome to FCB. Nice to have a voice from the company here.

ITGBaseball

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto, CA
Card Magnet said:
If the baseball product is anything close to what has come out in hockey...we're in for a treat. Welcome to FCB. Nice to have a voice from the company here.

Hockey cheats! :D

There are so many nice memoribilia items to chose from with lots of color.

ITGBaseball

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto, CA
Jeff N. said:
For clarification, you do not have an MLB, MiLB, or NCAA license, correct?

No, none of that

We will be giving it a go without one. We understand that simply isn't what some people want. However we can only go with what is possible, and will do the best job with what we do have.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
ITGBaseball said:
Jeff N. said:

No, none of that

We will be giving it a go without one. We understand that simply isn't what some people want. However we can only go with what is possible, and will do the best job with what we do have.

Heck, who needs licensing.

I was also under the impression that Topps had locked up exclusives on the images on deceased HOFers such as Ted Williams and DiMaggio. Am I incorrect? Also, have you contracted specifically with Jason Heyward to make his cards? I would assume you would not include any logo pictures on the card.... I see a Ray on the Beckham card, and a partial Braves logo on Heyward, as well as either a minor league or NCAA logo on the "Sweet Spot" card. I would expect this to be very problematic . . . how are you planning on getting around where other products failed?

hpbaseball.jpg

oiccup41

Aug 27, 2010
Maine
Some nice cuts in the set. Looking forward to picking up a box. ( I would prefer an every other box as that is the one with the possible cut signature or memorabilia :D )

Following you on Twitter now.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Jeff N. said:
ITGBaseball said:
[quote="Jeff N.":qkzqp825]For clarification, you do not have an MLB, MiLB, or NCAA license, correct?

No, none of that

I was also under the impression that Topps had locked up exclusives on the images on deceased HOFers such as Ted Williams and DiMaggio. Am I incorrect? Also, have you contracted specifically with Jason Heyward to make his cards? I would assume you would not include any logo pictures on the card.... I see a Ray on the Beckham card, and a partial Braves logo on Heyward, as well as either a minor league or NCAA logo on the "Sweet Spot" card. I would expect this to be very problematic . . . how are you planning on getting around where other products failed?

hpbaseball.jpg
[/quote:qkzqp825]

I thought (mostly) obscured logos were OK even if there is no license?

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jeff N. said:
I think they have the exclusive (and elusive) Great White North license that covers all sports.

Fleer and Leaf (Donruss) also had exclusive baseball sets in Canada...along with Topps.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
PeteD said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jeff N. said:
I think they have the exclusive (and elusive) Great White North license that covers all sports.

Fleer and Leaf (Donruss) also had exclusive baseball sets in Canada...along with Topps.

Leaf and OPC were widely available in the United States through hobby shops in the late 80s. I don't recall Fleer having a Canada only license.

However, the intellectual property ownership by MLB and the players extends past the 50 US states.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
cmnkb8 said:
Jeff N. said:
ITGBaseball said:
[quote="Jeff N.":eek:a0tvcbd]For clarification, you do not have an MLB, MiLB, or NCAA license, correct?

No, none of that

hpbaseball.jpg

I thought (mostly) obscured logos were OK even if there is no license?[/quote:eek:a0tvcbd]

Aaron's Braves and the Ray patch are not obscured at all. Heywood's is partially. It's my understanding - and I haven't researched this at length, and only minimally during the Donruss fiasco of 2008, that if the logo was recognizable despite the obscuring, it breaches. A fraction of the "A" in "Atlanta" may be acceptable, but "Atla" is not.

Yes, that's what copyright/trademark attorneys argue about....

Latest posts