Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Congrats to the Texas Rangers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Their first ever postseason series win.

And btw, this was the first ever postseason series in which the road team won every game.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I have to admit I was rooting for TB 'cuz I think they can give the Yanks' a much better run, but I hope I'm wrong.

And since he's a FA who will probably leave in December anyway, why not just start Lee every game? :lol:

I actually think they'll be some fun, high-scoring games in there and who knows maybe Texas can win 1 or 2 that Lee doesn't start and steal the series...

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Hard to believe theyve never won a playoff series before tonight

I think I even heard that they only had one post season win before this year.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Tom Oates said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Hard to believe theyve never won a playoff series before tonight

I think I even heard that they only had one post season win before this year.
They won one game in the 96 ALDS against the Yankees but that was it. There have been some horrible Rangers teams over the years which makes this series win even sweeter. :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If anybody deserves a ring at this point - it's Vladdy. I'm hoping for a Rangers vs. Phillies WS. I want the Phils to win but if they somehow lose, I'll be happy for Vladdy and Josh Hamilton.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Reds in 2009 said:
I wonder if Ron Washington is going to celebrate with a little coke.
Was wondering the same thing. I was hoping someone would ask "Ron, how are you planning to celebrate tonight?" in a press conference.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
Reds in 2009 said:
Was wondering the same thing. I was hoping someone would ask "Ron, how are you planning to celebrate tonight?" in a press conference.
I saw the press conference and he was definitely drinking gatorade.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
carlitoson said:
KandKCards said:
Reds in 2009 said:
I saw the press conference and he was definitely drinking gatorade.

I just got home from this game. All I can say is this, next time David Price gets on Twitter to say how it's 'embarrassing' about the Rays attendance, I will write him back and remind him how 'embarrassing' it is to watch a pitcher that can't field his position and/or keep his head in the game. He should be embarrassed. To make a mental mistake is acceptable, to make the same damn mistake twice in one playoff game is unacceptable. Or should I say 'embarrassing.'

Good season for the Rays, was very touching the tribute that Crawford got, however, I was a little perturbed that Carlos Pena was not given the same ovation. It is now official that the greatest player to ever don a Rays uni will no longer play in St. Pete. Carl, you are quiet, you go about your business like a professional, and you will be dearly missed by the fans in this area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts