Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

50 years ago today the greatest home run ever was hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
October 13, 1960 at 3:36 Bill Mazeroski hit the greatest home run in the history of MLB.....in my opinion.

I got this 16x20 signed a few years ago at a show here in Pittsburgh.

mazoverall.jpg

mazcloseup.jpg

I took my Dad to the signing because he got his picture taken (he's the kid on the right) with Maz and Bob Friend and I paid for my Dad's auto ticket so that he could get his pic signed.

DadMaz.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Look at those glasses :lol:

Nice bit of family history and thanks for sharing. And I'm kidding on the glasses I used to have a pair of those. :lol:

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
200lbhockeyplayer said:
The picture with your dad is priceless. Great bit of history intertwined with family history.
It really is priceless, my Dad didn't have much as far as collectibles or anything when he passed away in March, but it's the one thing that I just had to have.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
I liked this guys!

joe_carter_1993_world_series_home_run_celebration.jpg

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Did any of you guys ever read how Clemente never wore his WS ring from that year?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
elmalo said:
Did any of you guys ever read how Clemente never wore his WS ring from that year?
Yeah, he felt snubbed about the MVP voting that year when he finished 8th, although teammate Dick Groat won.

Members online