Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge new addition to my HOF Rookie collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I picked this up today from my LCS for my HOF rookie collection.I couldn't beat the price.It is miscut but not a huge eye-sore.The corners are razor sharp.For $175 I didn't think I could go wrong.
Mike
img320.jpg

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
That is amazing. With a card like that would you get it slabbed authentic or go for an actual grade?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ThoseBackPages said:
holy crap! that was in a card shop!?

that needs slabbing!
A group of 5 of these came in along with a 53 set,55 set,55 Bowman set and a bunch of early HOF'ers like Mantle and Robinson.I couldn't believe how nice these Koufax's were.My LCS owner treats me very well.He called me when they came in.I am now paying off a 1953 Topps Satchel Paige from the same lot.
Mike

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
kdailey4315 said:
That is amazing. With a card like that would you get it slabbed authentic or go for an actual grade?
I am going to go with an actual grade because the card is so clean other than the miscut.It should be at least a PSA 7MC.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
hofmichael said:
ThoseBackPages said:

that needs slabbing!
A group of 5 of these came in along with a 53 set,55 set,55 Bowman set and a bunch of early HOF'ers like Mantle and Robinson.I couldn't believe how nice these Koufax's were.My LCS owner treats me very well.He called me when they came in.I am now paying off a 1953 Topps Satchel Paige from the same lot.
Mike

OHHH NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE a Satch RC!

hows the condition on it?

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
ThoseBackPages said:
hofmichael said:
ThoseBackPages said:

that needs slabbing!
Mike

OHHH NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE a Satch RC!

hows the condition on it?
The Satch should be a 4/5.Great eye appeal though.
Mike

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
I just VCP'd the card to see comparable prices, and found that exact card was graded a PSA 5MC and sold for $175 about a year ago. Really sharp card, and it looks like you paid right on. Nice job.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:
I just VCP'd the card to see comparable prices, and found that exact card was graded a PSA 5MC and sold for $175 about a year ago. Really sharp card, and it looks like you paid right on. Nice job.
Do you have a scan?

FromKoufaxtoEdwin

Aug 15, 2008
I'm not sure how to get the scan from VCP. The scan is pretty small, but its a dead ringer for your card. The marks are in the same spot, the card has the same cut, nice corners, etc.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
FromKoufaxtoEdwin said:
I'm not sure how to get the scan from VCP. The scan is pretty small, but its a dead ringer for your card. The marks are in the same spot, the card has the same cut, nice corners, etc.
To get the scan all you have to do is right click and hit save as.I am very interested in seeing this card that was a 5MC.
Mike

Members online

Latest posts