Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need IP advice for NLCS Game 1 @ Citizens Bank Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chongtastic

Aug 13, 2010
Chester County, PA
I have the good fortune to be attending game 1 of the NLCS, which happens to be my birthdayl. I thought it would be a cool idea if I could get some players to sign "happy birthday" on the program, since October baseball isn't guaranteed. Am I nuts to think players will sign before a big playoff game? I was hoping to get there early to try during BP.

Any advice from people that are familiar with CBP? Any known non-signers, or players that are good IP prospects? Heck, I'd be ecstatic if Ross Gload signed my program.

Thanks in advance!

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
In my little experience players are extremely hard to get during the playoffs. I have had luck with announcers though (Cal Ripken Jr, Dusty Baker, and Frank Thomas).

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
matchpenalty said:
Let us know how it goes. I will be surprised if you get anyone. Playoffs are not a good time to graph.

I agree. I would say you have two things working against you. A)Its the playoffs. Its serious now. and B) From my experience and what I have heard the Phils are hard to get at the stadium in general.

I went to 2/3 games when they were down here in DC and believe I was shutout both days.

chongtastic

Aug 13, 2010
Chester County, PA
absolute bust. we got in to the stadium as early as we can, and the phillies already finished their BP. didn't see the players on the field until 30 minutes before gametime when they were doing their pregame stretches and the pregame ceremonies were taking place. by that point i didn't even bother to try.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts