Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collectors: wish they did, secretly glad they don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Here's a question for you player collectors:

Does your guy NOT have a card that you wish he did for cool factor, but you're secretly glad he doesn't, b/c it's either a super-parrallel, or there are a million people after the set?

For example; I think it would be neat to see a Yount Donruss Crusades, but I'm secretly glad he doesn't, since the set collectors and other big Yount collectors would make obtaining it a bit of a bitch.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Kind of the same idea, but I wish that Pacific would have been around for a Pujols rookie, but could you imagine what it would cost to get all those parallels (and don't even mention autographed rookies!)

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Mixed feelings.

I wish Jim Fregosi were in some of the newer high end sets as it would be cool to get the base cards and lower priced inserts of him.

That being said.....

I am glad that Jim Fregosi is NOT in the high end sets because I know I would not be able to afford his patch cards and it would bum me out! :)

Still hoping to some day get at least 90% of his available issues. I think he only has a few over 200 listed on Beckett, with many of them available. Still some super tough ones that I know I can never afford, but easy enough to collect what I realistically want.

PS Some of my favorite Fregosi items are oddball cards/items that aren't even on the Beckett list.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Jim Rice doesn't have a button card.

This doesn't make any sense to me. With all of the jersey cards that he has you would think that there would be a button card.
Where are all of the buttons from those jerseys?

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Jose Canseco didn't have any Jumbo patches in Absolute or Prime Patches other than a 1/1 and no logoman either. Would like to see something like that but Im sure the price would be crazy too and I don't have the money to compete with the biggest spenders.

Latest posts