Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone ever get bored of their collections?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jubei777

Aug 7, 2008
Recently I've been trimming down my collection to cards for the PC which are probably less than 20. It was tough to do that after collecting for 15+ years but after selling off cards that didn't mean that much, it wasn't too bad. Now that I look at my PC, I really don't know what to do anymore. Trade them for some new high end cards? Sell them all and buy one big card? Not sure. Anyone else run into this?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
My PC is my PC. Then again, if I change directions in my collection, the PC can change as well.

You gotta look at the big picture and decide what you would potentially keep for the rest of your life, even if you favorite player retired today (the point is moot if your player is already reitred).

There are so many areas of this hobby to explore, once you decide what you want to do, pursue it to the end. Trust me, even if you were a millionaire, there are some cards that you will have a challenge acquiring.

If you are bored, sell them off and get something else. I've got my keepers that I don't feel I will ever sell cause I will never get bored with them.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
Yup

Collect a set.

I'm going to do the 55 Topps Set, though it's moving pretty slowly. It always gives me something to do and provides me with a focus. Looking for them all in a certain PSA grade is challenging but fun. It can get expensive depending on the set/grade, but it's a fun task to do, and there are plenty of choices.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
I don't know if I'd say I got "bored" collecting John Olerud, but I just got tired of always seeing 1990 Donruss and 1990 Upper Deck RC's on eBay and not a whole lot new. So I recently decided to start collecting a current player, Blue Jays' LHP Ricky Romero. Gives me some newer stuff to chase and another website to play around with.

I think there's always options in this hobby.

- R.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Yes. it happens to everyone.

i recommend that you change focus. that doesnt mean sell it all (although theres nothing wrong with that),
but collect someone, or hell someTHING else.

for me, the last few years have been topsy-turnsy, going all over the place.....graded baseball rcs, true gems, jay bruce, HOF GU Bat Cards, Graded Topps 500 HR Club, Green Realistic looking American Classic Die-cast Cars, Graded Modern Rookie Cards across all four sports, and most recently...star wars 3&3/4" sand/snow/stormtroopers and Topps Vintage SW/ESB/ROTJ odd ball stuff.

wow, im a fool!

lol

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:

i recommend that you change focus. that doesnt mean sell it all (although theres nothing wrong with that),

for me, the last few years have been topsy-turnsy, going all over the place.....graded baseball rcs, true gems, jay bruce, HOF GU Bat Cards, Graded Topps 500 HR Club, Green Realistic looking American Classic Die-cast Cars, Graded Modern Rookie Cards across all four sports, and most recently...star wars 3&3/4" sand/snow/stormtroopers and Topps Vintage SW/ESB/ROTJ odd ball stuff.

wow, im a TRUE MULTI HOBBY ENTHUSIAST!

lol

Fixed that one for ya free of charge :)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I do all the time. i used to collect Robert Meachem, but I really quit doing that. Now I am waiting for him to have a decent season so I can see if I can sell off a good selection of base to collectors.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
Only get bored with my tradebait and will sell it off if I can not trade it in a certain amount of time. This time hoping to trade a large portion for one nice card. That thread is coming very very soon.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:

wow, im a fool!

lol

WOW, are you a ******? LOL, I'm just kidding. :lol:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
csmtampa said:
ThoseBackPages said:

wow, im a fool!

lol

WOW, are you a ******? LOL, I'm just kidding. :lol:

well, i am nearing 40, but sadly i am no longer a ******. i did used to work there (****** megastore) though! lol

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
and to be honest, I am getting tired of my Perk collection. I am not quitting, but I am going to put it aside and raise some funds for other things. Also looking into getting a job.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
TBTwinsFan said:
and to be honest, I am getting tired of my Perk collection. I am not quitting, but I am going to put it aside and raise some funds for other things. Also looking into getting a job.

+1

You can upgrade from collecting Perk to collecting Mauer if this job thing works out :D

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
jkeys said:
TBTwinsFan said:

+1

You can upgrade from collecting Perk to collecting Mauer if this job thing works out :D

Haha!

OR... I could save up my earnings and make my good Perk collection KILLER!

Haha. I am just bored with cards in general, time to take a break. Not quitting, but just need a couple weeks to do other things.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
We're it easy to sell stuff quickly and get back at least what I have into it, I have a feeling my PC would see quite a bit of turnover. It usually comes back around though and I end up glad I didn't move something I was bored with earlier.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I get bored with mine all of the time. I'd rather go through the bored periods than the ones where I just want to sell everything off in it that I can and take a match to the rest of it, but then again, I'm known to have violent mood swings like that. :)

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
After 900+ cards, I got bored with my Matt Williams collection. All that money spent $1-2 at a time on GU and auto cards, just to lose interest. Now I have to figure out what to do with it since there aren't exactly a ton of Matt Williams collectors. I need to find some way to liquidate it to fund the expansion of my Dave Winfield and Tuffy Rhodes collections. Buying rare cards from Japan isn't cheap!

A_Pharis

DaClyde said:
After 900+ cards, I got bored with my Matt Williams collection. All that money spent $1-2 at a time on GU and auto cards, just to lose interest. Now I have to figure out what to do with it since there aren't exactly a ton of Matt Williams collectors. I need to find some way to liquidate it to fund the expansion of my Dave Winfield and Tuffy Rhodes collections. Buying rare cards from Japan isn't cheap!

Happen to have any Recollection autos?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts