Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EPIC 35 Case 2010 Bowman Chrome Break - Why aren't you in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
By now I would think most everyone is aware of the EPIC group break coming up for 35 cases of 2010 Bowman Chrome. There have been at least 2 contests on the hobby boards to drive interest, but I'm wondering how there are 167 slots left. I realize this break is huge both in number of slots (225) and number of cases (35), and that the price tag for some members could be considered high, but for the value returned, the price seems too good to pass up...I just can't figure out why more people aren't buying in.

When you consider the sheer volume of cards in most of these slots, you have better shot at ROI with this break than probably any other break that has ever been run on FCB. Each team slot includes all the vets, all the green rookies from that team and all the parallels that are pulled. Those team sets sold on ebay plus the parallels sold separately should all net a positive return. The only hit or miss section that I see is in the prospect section. There are some duds, but there are some studs and some real nice sleepers. I believe you're looking at around 120 cards per prospect slot including parallels. Hit a top player and you're looking at a ROI of 400% or more. The chrome auto slots should all return a profit. With 420 boxes and 1 auto per box and 40 players you're looking at about 10 autos per player including parallels. You could hit a crap player and be out $20 with 10 autos or you could hit Aroldis Chapman and see a return of 600% or more. I could break down every slot and will if that's what people would like.

35 cases of content offers a tremendous value at the $125 slot price. This is a board that everyone believes is dominated by prospectors...so I'm wondering...why aren't the prospectors looking at this opportunity and going for it? I've seen break after break of Razor Rookie Retro sell out when the odds were you were going to get a very poor ROI. I saw a bunch of folks (including myself) rip Topps Triple Threads knowing the odds were really slim that you'd return a profit. Now folks are ripping Elite and realizing a negative return. Topps Chrome has been very disappointing. Why aren't more people interested in an opportunity that offers a much better chance at making a profit?

I'm in for 10 slots and may add more if I can afford it. I'm still trying to recoup from my Triple Threads fiasco.

If you're interested in joining the break, it's in the Baseball Box Break boards. I want to see this happen if for no other reason than to be able to watch 35 cases ripped live on Ustream.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
By now I would think most everyone is aware of the EPIC group break coming up for 35 cases of 2010 Bowman Chrome. There have been at least 2 contests on the hobby boards to drive interest, but I'm wondering how there are 167 slots left. I realize this break is huge both in number of slots (225) and number of cases (35), and that the price tag for some members could be considered high, but for the value returned, the price seems too good to pass up...I just can't figure out why more people aren't buying in.

When you consider the sheer volume of cards in most of these slots, you have better shot at ROI with this break than probably any other break that has ever been run on FCB. Each team slot includes all the vets, all the green rookies from that team and all the parallels that are pulled. Those team sets sold on ebay plus the parallels sold separately should all net a positive return. The only hit or miss section that I see is in the prospect section. There are some duds, but there are some studs and some real nice sleepers. I believe you're looking at around 120 cards per prospect slot including parallels. Hit a top player and you're looking at a ROI of 400% or more. The chrome auto slots should all return a profit. With 420 boxes and 1 auto per box and 40 players you're looking at about 10 autos per player including parallels. You could hit a crap player and be out $20 with 10 autos or you could hit Aroldis Chapman and see a return of 600% or more. I could break down every slot and will if that's what people would like.

35 cases of content offers a tremendous value at the $125 slot price. This is a board that everyone believes is dominated by prospectors...so I'm wondering...why aren't the prospectors looking at this opportunity and going for it? I've seen break after break of Razor Rookie Retro sell out when the odds were you were going to get a very poor ROI. I saw a bunch of folks (including myself) rip Topps Triple Threads knowing the odds were really slim that you'd return a profit. Now folks are ripping Elite and realizing a negative return. Topps Chrome has been very disappointing. Why aren't more people interested in an opportunity that offers a much better chance at making a profit?

I'm in for 10 slots and may add more if I can afford it. I'm still trying to recoup from my Triple Threads fiasco.

If you're interested in joining the break, it's in the Baseball Box Break boards. I want to see this happen if for no other reason than to be able to watch 35 cases ripped live on Ustream.

I am really not sure as to why it is being pushed so hard. If they want in they will.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm not a prospector, so I'm speaking out of my niche, but when I originally read about it, it just seemed like a high priced buy-in with no better odds at ROI than a normal break. I do see the prospect of very large ROI for a few individuals, but lackluster for the majority.

Edited:

I should add, this is the kind of break you buy into with multiple slots simply because if the slots are right, a lot of upside may be had...but so many slots almost means a higher likelyhood of getting a dud.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
jcmint said:
I am really not sure as to why it is being pushed so hard. If they want in they will.

Joe,
To be clear, I'm not pushing this as a moderator. I'm pushing this as a guy who bought in 10 slots and wants to play the game. Trying to figure out why others aren't interested in the same way that I am.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
jcmint said:

Joe,
To be clear, I'm not pushing this as a moderator. I'm pushing this as a guy who bought in 10 slots and wants to play the game. Trying to figure out why others aren't interested in the same way that I am.

Jim I was not implying anything although it may have sounded that way.

I see as a gamble like the other breaks. Some guys like them some dont. Its just too big to work IMO. Cut that in half and I think it would be full already. Too many slots and a high buy in. I know a few guys are gonna kill it but majority will not. Its just a gamble and alot of fcb'ers aint having it. It has a few more days until it is dead. Its not gonna happen.

I did think about a few slots but I would rather buy my own case

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
i don't even like group breaks, but i am in on this one. c'mon guys. i want to see this happen. 35 cases. ridiculous.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Don't fully understand how it works, Does one slot get all Strasburgs for ex.? I think most people are not in such shape to take a chance on it with the high buy in (know its a mamoth break and not saying it should be) Hope it fills though would love to see results.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
If I am being completely honest, I opened the thread and noticed 225 slots. I didn't have time or the attention span to read through it all and I don't understand what I am buying with my slot. Does each slot give me everything pulled of one particular player? That was my assumption, but then reading (OK...halfway reading) your post, Jim, you make it sound like I get a whole team??? I'd be interested if someone could give me the 5-second version. I don't have time, patience, attention span, etc. for much else.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Krom said:
Don't fully understand how it works, Does one slot get all Strasburgs for ex.? I think most people are not in such shape to take a chance on it with the high buy in (know its a mamoth break and not saying it should be) Hope it fills though would love to see results.

If you read the break guidelines or the thread it answers all questions.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
DaleMurphyCollector said:
I don't have time, patience, attention span, etc. for much else.

beavis.jpg

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
jcmint said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
jcmint said:

Joe,

Jim I was not implying anything although it may have sounded that way.

I see as a gamble like the other breaks. Some guys like them some dont. Its just too big to work IMO. Cut that in half and I think it would be full already. Too many slots and a high buy in. I know a few guys are gonna kill it but majority will not. Its just a gamble and alot of fcb'ers aint having it. It has a few more days until it is dead. Its not gonna happen.

I did think about a few slots but I would rather buy my own case

Joe,
I'm not sure if you're run the numbers yet or not, but aside from a bunch of the prospect slots, I don't see more than a few other slots that will return a negative ROI. There is certainly the possibility that pulls won't be even across the break and therefore some prospect autos, USA Autos, Dual Autos don't get pulled at the same rate as others and those could be losers as well, but I feel like with 35 cases, there is a really solid shot at a relatively safe gamble.

I totally understand your thinking on busting a case, I thought about it myself, but in this case, I simply don't feel like it and would rather gamble on a 35 case assortment that should net some amazing cards.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
See, here's the issue I have with it. I'm not a prospector. I'm a collector, specifically of the Astros. So if i paid $100+ for one slot, and managed to get the Astros....I probably wouldn't get anywhere near my money's worth unless a /5 or 1/1 was pulled. Prospects and autos are different of course. Yes, I could sell the additional on eBay, but honestly, I'm not in this to resell the extra stuff.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
HoustonCollector said:
See, here's the issue I have with it. I'm not a prospector. I'm a collector, specifically of the Astros. So if i paid $100+ for one slot, and managed to get the Astros....I probably wouldn't get anywhere near my money's worth unless a /5 or 1/1 was pulled. Prospects and autos are different of course. Yes, I could sell the additional on eBay, but honestly, I'm not in this to resell the extra stuff.

If you're only interested in the Astros set, then I can fully understand why you wouldn't want to participate.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
DaleMurphyCollector said:
If I am being completely honest, I opened the thread and noticed 225 slots. I didn't have time or the attention span to read through it all and I don't understand what I am buying with my slot. Does each slot give me everything pulled of one particular player? That was my assumption, but then reading (OK...halfway reading) your post, Jim, you make it sound like I get a whole team??? I'd be interested if someone could give me the 5-second version. I don't have time, patience, attention span, etc. for much else.
I am confused the same way, And i never did a group break. To the poster above who said read the thread.
Edit i think i understand and may gamble with one slot if i can get the funds up, but it does look like a hit or miss gamble imo.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
OK...since no one gave me the 5-second version, I wasted my time reading the break details.

#1 - The confusion on what you are buying will scare people off. Evident in this thread alone that's happening.
#2 - The price will scare people off.
#3 - The fear of getting slots 196-225 (the Jaypers theory) will scare people off.
#4 - Outside of those 29 slots, you know there are plenty more that will make you feel like you were butt *****. People have no idea how many butt-raping slots there are going to be and don't feel like paying $125 for that kind of pain.

That said, I'll probably end up signing up for a slot now that you forced me to read it. I enjoy a good butt raping from time to time.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
mancini79 said:
I think many people are hesitant cuz of the Topps Chrome debacle.

i also think some people are hesitant about the blowout forum thread with Brentandbecca. I have dealt with them numerous times and they are real pros but some people have not and this could be a detractor.

Members online

Latest posts