Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How tough was the 92 upperdeck Ted Williams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Just curious did anyone ever pull one of the autos in 1992 upperdeck baseball of Ted Williams. I thought I'd give it a shot and bought two hobby boxes off DA Card world. Of course didn't pull it. :( I figured being out of /2500 I'd have a chance. Upperdeck doesn't state the odds. Anybody know what the odds roughed out to be?

I've tried the boxes of 91 and 92 score for the mantles also. Any odds on those?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Considering that back in the day case runs were estimated to be close to 100,000, and those were 20-box cases, odds of finding a #/2500 card are one in a blajillion.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Wow that is crazy!! I mean I guess it's worth a shot every now and then for $13. Another forum I'm on a guy said around 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 cases. There surely is a lot of them still out there.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
i pulled a Bench/Morgan out of the high number series that year. im pretty sure the odds were listed at 1:25,000 packs

Man crazy pull! Guess it's just a matter of luck.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
jam92102 said:
Wow that is crazy!! I mean I guess it's worth a shot every now and then for $13. Another forum I'm on a guy said around 1 in 10 to 1 in 20 cases. There surely is a lot of them still out there.

:?:
I would like to meet the seller.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Just out of curiosity. Lets say that someone buys more than the stated odds of packs and didn't pull said card. Is there any legal recourse for them to go after the card company?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Just out of curiosity. Lets say that someone buys more than the stated odds of packs and didn't pull said card. Is there any legal recourse for them to go after the card company?

I think there is a decade plus statute of limitations for card companies.....

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
beefycheddar said:
kdailey4315 said:

I'm just talking in general terms. Not necessarily about this specific case.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
beefycheddar said:
kdailey4315 said:

I was joking, there is no legal recourse due to the fact that the odds are over the entire run, and you can just get unlucky, it's not a guarantee if you open x number of packs that you will pull a particular card.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
kdailey4315 said:

No way.

Let's say the odds are 1 in 2000 that you will pull an autograph.

If you open 2000 packs:
There is a 36.80% chance you will not pull an autograph.
There is a 36.78% chance you will pull exactly one autograph.
There is a 26.42% chance you will pull more than one auto.

If you open 10000 packs:
There is only a 0.67% chance that you will not pull an auto. If 150 people each open 10000 packs, one person will not receive a single autograph, statistically speaking. It sucks to be that one person, but it happens.

David

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
beefycheddar said:
kdailey4315 said:
beefycheddar said:
kdailey4315 said:

I was joking, there is no legal recourse due to the fact that the odds are over the entire run, and you can just get unlucky, it's not a guarantee if you open x number of packs that you will pull a particular card.

Man, if I could sue over stated odds it would be every time I got a Big Mac... they say 1-4 wins but I never do...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
leatherman said:
kdailey4315 said:

No way.

Let's say the odds are 1 in 2000 that you will pull an autograph.

If you open 2000 packs:
There is a 36.80% chance you will not pull an autograph.
There is a 36.78% chance you will pull exactly one autograph.
There is a 26.42% chance you will pull more than one auto.

If you open 10000 packs:
There is only a 0.67% chance that you will not pull an auto. If 150 people each open 10000 packs, one person will not receive a single autograph, statistically speaking. It sucks to be that one person, but it happens.

David

Nerd ;)

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
sebpoo said:
jam92102 said:

:?:
I would like to meet the seller.

Per box, not case. Got two boxes from da card world for 13 bucks a piece.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I never saw any Auto's outta '90-'92 UD or '92 Score pulled. Never an Elite either, until my buddy broke a box of series 2 Donruss '91 and pulled the Bonds.

Absolutely incredible odds of pulling anything, since there's 800 trillion cases of this stuff out there, still ...

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
By the time you spend enough to pull one I'm sure you could've just bought it. I would love to be able to just post a box break of 92 upperdeck and post major mojo!! LOL It'd be awesome for sure!

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
That would be pretty cool to be able to do. The ones still in the boxes probably have really nice signatures on them. Most of the ones I've seen in the market have had faded signatures from all of the years in dealers display cases.

Plus, no redemptions. Imagine that!

jam92102 said:
By the time you spend enough to pull one I'm sure you could've just bought it. I would love to be able to just post a box break of 92 upperdeck and post major mojo!! LOL It'd be awesome for sure!

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
i always sue when i pull 5 autos from a box which states on average 1 per box. They said 1 per box and they better mean it. 5 autos, what am i gonna do with 5 autos. Get your odds straight card companies

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
I never saw any Auto's outta '90-'92 UD or '92 Score pulled. Never an Elite either, until my buddy broke a box of series 2 Donruss '91 and pulled the Bonds.

Absolutely incredible odds of pulling anything, since there's 800 trillion cases of this stuff out there, still ...
i bought several 92 donruss boxes, say like close to a dozen, saw something shiney in a pack and bang......... Griffey elite was hooked on collecting him ever since yea odds were astronomical those were /10,000

Members online

Latest posts