Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Display Your Cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jan 15, 2009
Does anyone display their cards? How do you do it? I was looking at one of those 36 card holders but realized the horizontal cards wouldn't go well with the vertical cards, so how do you do it?

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Magic has more Griffey's in poundage than you have of meat,potatoes,rice,pasta etc in your
pantry Personally I put all my Pujols in a box to stay away from light I do not have
any autos YET but someday I will :eek: :shock:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
i picked up the corner curio a few years back from Big Lots, fit perfect in a little nook here, i really LOVE it its like 5 levels, top and bottom both have lights ita a ASHLEY product all my card autos are stoded away

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
As stated earlier, it is probably not recommended to display Auto's due to potential fading. That said, most of the wall displays that I have seen that looked nice were hand made. There was a wood craftsman that advertised Wall Mounted Sports Card displays in my area growing up in the 90's and you could customize your order however you liked... they were sweet but I haven't heard of anything like that in some time.

ftp222

Jun 18, 2010
I am new to this board, but I will show off a set I had a display made for. These are mounted on a wall that does not get much direct sunlight and has 1/4 inch U/V glass. The cases weigh nearly 50 pounds each.

This is the 2001 Topps Team Legends set - as complete as it can be since there are some cards that were never produced. I can post a whole thread of information on this set if anyone is interested since it consumed several years of my life.

Case1_small.jpg

Case2_small.jpg

Full sized photo's if you want to see details.
http://members.cox.net/ftp222/Case1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/ftp222/Case2.jpg

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ftp222 said:
I am new to this board, but I will show off a set I had a display made for. These are mounted on a wall that does not get much direct sunlight and has 1/4 inch U/V glass. The cases weigh nearly 50 pounds each.

This is the 2001 Topps Team Legends set - as complete as it can be since there are some cards that were never produced. I can post a whole thread of information on this set if anyone is interested since it consumed several years of my life.

Case1_small.jpg

Case2_small.jpg

Full sized photo's if you want to see details.
http://members.cox.net/ftp222/Case1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/ftp222/Case2.jpg
Sweet display case, and welcome (even though i am pretty new too) UV will help i am sure, but i would keep out of direct sunlight anywho. Not worth the risk. sweet cards too!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I think framing autos is fine if they're under museum quality 99% protectant UV glass, and out of direct sunlight. In direct sunlight, the glass should, hypothetically, not allow noticeable fading for at least 10 to 15 years, or 10 to 15% fading.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
BunchOBull said:
I think framing autos is fine if they're under museum quality 99% protectant UV glass, and out of direct sunlight. In direct sunlight, the glass should, hypothetically, not allow noticeable fading for at least 10 to 15 years, or 10 to 15% fading.
Your #s are prob. right on, even if it had a little less fading i would never risk it. Mine are all in shoeboxes. Don't go through them all the time, but is nice when i do.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
aaron41984 said:
As stated earlier, it is probably not recommended to display Auto's due to potential fading. That said, most of the wall displays that I have seen that looked nice were hand made. There was a wood craftsman that advertised Wall Mounted Sports Card displays in my area growing up in the 90's and you could customize your order however you liked... they were sweet but I haven't heard of anything like that in some time.

These are hard times, I'd just hit the internet and find woodworkers in your area. They are probably willing to work pretty cheap right now. Maybe a good picture framing guy for the wall display...

I have a good friend who's passion is working with wood. He works in a restaurant. :lol: Times are hard. A few years back, well I'm getting old... probably 6 years ago he made me these "5000 Count" boxes. I call them that because they are about the same length and have 4 rows, but they are much bigger. I wanted to keep all my cards in order, even if they were in slabs or screw downs. So I had my friend make them.

DSC00031.jpg

They don't display cards, sorry I put it in this thread, but I just went off on the woodworking thing...

Jan 15, 2009
I was planning on putting it on my wall, away from sunlight and put a 99% UV protection glass on it. How much did that case cost? Also, welcome!

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
i bought this one for my 1980 Phillies world series auto set
philiesdissplay.jpg

Then I made this one. i will be making one out of oak as soon as I can:
mycarddissplay.jpg

Members online