Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay Question, with poll

WWJD?

• File a claim - it is the seller's job to get the card to you once it has been paid for

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I won an item on ebay about a month ago. The item ended on the 18th, I paid on the 19th, and the DC number states that it was mailed on the 27th. I have still not received it. The DC is just hung up here:

Tracking number
Processed through Sort Facility, Sep-27-10, 18:44 PM, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, 33310
Electronic Shipping Info Received

I emailed the seller, who said that the card was indeed mailed. I guess the fact that it was mailed 8 days after I paid was irrelevant, but what would you guys do if a card was mailed, but not delivered? Am I on the hook for the money, or is the seller? It's his job to get me the card safely, and I don't have it, but he did everything he could to get it to me. It's not a really expensive card, I just want to know if I would be in the right by filing a claim.

millionaire.jpg

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
As a seller and a buyer in this situation take the DC number to the post office that delivers your mail(Ask seller to do this as well). Ask your post office if they have any info on where it maybe? I have had it miraculously show up afterwards several times.

alifaxwa2

Dec 24, 2008
Jefferson, MD
This happened to me last month.
File the claim, he mailed it and USPS lost it. Hopefully he bought insurance. You will get your refund and he will have to take it up with USPS to get his money back, again IF he actually bought insurance as that is for the sellers protection.

At the same time, call the PO and tell them its hanging there and they should at least look into it.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Same thing happened to me with a package last month as well. It was sent from Latrobe, PA and ended up getting stalled in Milwaukee, WI for two weeks. It was sent there by error and kept getting reforwarded to the wrong sort station. I asked my post office what I could do but they said to just wait and it would eventually work itself out. I was very skeptical, but it arrived about a month after it was initially mailed. I emailed the seller and let them know the situation but I wasn't going to hold it against them. I just made sure that if the package was returned to them that they would resend it with another label. Whole situation worked itself out, just took a little while longer than usual.

Members online