Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ever bought the EXACT same card that you'd previously sold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
I sold alot of BC parallels (esp USA) earlier this summer.

Kept copious notes on to whom and at what price. Ended up buying the EXACT same card back from a buyer, at a 30% discount, after it had been slabbed a BGS 9. Anyone ever do something similar?

- jkeys

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Years back picked up the exact Dewon Brazelton SPx RC Auto /1500 long after selling it (I actually recognized the card by the way the auto was chipped and then confirmed on the serial number.)

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I wanted to try building a jersey-# set. That is, a numbered parallel set where each player has a number of copies equal to his jersey number. There would be 51 Randy Johnsons, 24 Grady Sizemores, 35 Frank Thomases, whatever. It gets rough with 2 Derek Jeters or 3 Eric Chavezes and such.

Anyway, 2007 Spectrum had such a set, the blue die-cut parallel. I started picking them up, but all of a sudden I got outbid on a bunch of tough ones by the same guy. Then the #1/1 Brian Roberts popped up. I won a quick Best Offer, and decided that I might dangle it out there for the other guy. If he bought it, fine, I wasn't too in love with the set, and I'd make a little profit. He did buy it, and I abandoned the set, which was very blah, anyway. Then last year, I think it was the same guy listing nearly the whole set. I won the Roberts back for less than I paid the first time. I think I basically was paid $40 to get take card for free after all the resales.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
I pulled the card below in 2003. Sold it for about $500 shortly thereafter.

quad.jpg

quad1.jpg

I just happen to see it on ebay a few years later and got it for under $200. It was in the same holder and everything.
Very happy to have it back

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
rebelpawn said:

quad.jpg

quad1.jpg

I just happen to see it on ebay a few years later and got it for under $200. It was in the same holder and everything.

WOW! What a pull...and nice pick up (or sale and pick up that is!)

- jkeys

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
rebelpawn said:

quad.jpg

quad1.jpg

That card just sold for $228 last week. (Well, the 09/25 card)

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Russ S. said:
rebelpawn said:

quad.jpg

quad1.jpg

That card just sold for $228 last week. (Well, the 09/25 card)

Yeah I saw that. The seller had a bunch of the quad autos for 2003 Signature.
I really wanted the Red Sox quad he had but it was out of my price range. :(

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
George_Calfas said:
Acquired in a trade for $300, Sold $425, re-purchased $175.

edmautoMLB.jpg
Nice. Good thing you got such a decent discount, considering they put his autograph on upside down. ;)

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Pulled these two cards from the same case in 2006. Sold the Superfractor for $200 on ebay.
warren06bdp1of1s.jpg

Less than a year later I bought it back from the person I sold it to after he graded it and got a BGS 9. Only paid $70. He didn't seem so happy after the auction closed.
warren06bcdpsuperfractor1of1bgs9.jpg

Jul 30, 2009
Once for sure, came close to a second this past National.

First, that I know of, happened earlier this year when I bought back a Kyle Blanks Bowman auto at a local show. I know it was mine because it still had the sticker I put on it with my hand writting.

The second almost happened this past National. Was looking through Wolverine's (probably was his) boxes upon boxes of discount cards and came upon an Absolute (very low numbered) Oliver Perez auto.

I remembered I sold one at some point months prior (not to them) and for the heck of it, I flipped it over to see what the serial number was and on the back was a sticker, with my hand writting on it. Needless to say its Oliver Perez so I didnt re buy it.

Members online

Latest posts