Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

John Sickels' MN Twins Top 20 Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/10/ ... s-for-2011

MINNESOTA TWINS

1) Kyle Gibson, RHP, Grade B+: Overcame injury concerns, fits perfectly into Twins pitching philosophy.

2) Alex Wimmers, RHP, Grade B+: Shouldn't need a lot of minor league time, and I think his stuff is underrated.

3) Aaron Hicks, OF, Grade B+: Borderline B. I still believe in the tools and will give him some slack on the power development.

4) Miguel Sano, 3B, Grade B: Raw, but enormous power upside and youth combination push him up the list.

5) Liam Hendriks, RHP, Grade B: Borderline B-; grade may change. Another Twins guy with excellent command of solid stuff.

6) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Grade B: Borderline B-, grade may change. Great numbers in Appy League, but plate discipline issue is of concern.

7) Ben Revere, OF, Grade B-: I still like him, but I'm growing more concerned about the lack of power, and he needs to use his speed better.

8) Billy Bullock, RHP, Grade B-: Could be a huge bullpen force if the command sharpens up a bit more.

9) Adrian Salcedo, RHP, Grade B-: Same grade as last year, great command, still projectable.

10) Max Kepler-Rozycki, OF, Grade B-: Tough to grade at this point, immense potential but very young and inexperienced, held his own in rookie ball.

11) Joe Benson, OF, Grade C+: Good progress with his power development, strikeout rate remains scary.

12) David Bromberg, RHP, Grade C+: Potential inning-eating starter.

13) Carlos Gutierrez, RHP, Grade C+: Power sinker would look good in bullpen.

14) Angel Morales, OF, Grade C+: Great tools, high strikeout rate, high risk/high reward guy.

15) Manuel Soliman, RHP, Grade C+: Another efficient young Twins pitcher, breakthrough candidate.

16) Eddie Rosario, OF, Grade C+: Love this guy, sleeper outfielder from '10 draft, speed, on-base skills, some power potential.

17) Nate Roberts, OF, Grade C+: Another '10 draft sleeper, solid tools and consistent production.

18) Tom Stuifbergen, RHP, Grade C+: Could rank a few slots higher, but concerns about health history and conditioning make me somewhat cautious.

19) Kane Holbrooks, RHP, Grade C+: Overlooked guy but had a great year and has decent stuff. Looks like a sleeper to me.

20) B.J. Hermsen, RHP, Grade C+: Borderline C, Grade is speculative. He's from Iowa so I would normally be predisposed to like him, and I like his strike-throwing ability, but something holds me back that I can't put my finger on.

21) Bruce Pugh, RHP, Grade C+: Borderline C: Live arm, strikes people out, could surprise if his command sharpens up.

22) Pat Dean, LHP, Grade C+: Borderline C; Love the 32/1 K/BB ratio in the Appy League, but need to see at higher levels.

OTHERS: Matt Bashore, LHP; James Beresford, SS; Logan Darnell, LHP; Rob Delaney, RHP, Brian Dozier, INF; Niko Goodrum, SS; Deolis Guerra, RHP; Matt Hauser, RHP; Edgar Ibarra, LHP; Andrei Lobanov, LHP; Chris Parmelee, 1B; Josmil Pinto, C; Trevor Plouffe, SS; Daniel Rams, C; Tyler Robertson, LHP; Steve Singleton, 2B; Anthony Slama, RHP; Rene Tosoni, OF; Kyle Waldrop, RHP; Dakota Watts, RHP.

The Twins don't have any Grade A or A- guys at this point, though Sano and maybe MKR can get there eventually. Lots of depth in B-/C+ types; some of those C+ may end up as regular C in the book since I often start of my grading optimistically then go back and review things. Keep track of sleeper pitchers like Holbrooks and Pugh, very under the radar but more promising than some guys who get more press.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting Tweet from BA's John Manuel:

johnmanuelba Scouts at instructs in Florida saying #Twins prospect Miguel Sano wants to go by dad's surname and be called Miguel Jean. #TPFKAMS

(Related to Wyclef? :D )

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I wish the Twins would have given Rob Delaney more than one day and one inning pitched before sending him down, what kind of team does that to someone?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
vwnut13 said:
I wish the Twins would have given Rob Delaney more than one day and one inning pitched before sending him down, what kind of team does that to someone?

The Twins... then they bring up Perk o' Jerk who just plain sucks...

Kinda surprised that Ploufee wasn't in the top 20, but it's a good list...

I bought a Joe Benson auto for like $2 a year ago :D

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Just wondering since I'm not all that familiar with Wimmers. He was a starter in the FSL so my question is does he come up in '11 out of the pen or maybe later as a starter and where does he project to end up ultimately?

Members online