Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How upset would MLB be if

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
The World Series came down to the Rangers and the Giants? The ratings would be abysmal everhwere outside of Texas and California.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'd still watch it. And I assume most, if not all baseball fans would still as well. The MLB makes it's money over the long season and licensing. I really think they would not care as much as you think.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
They shouldn't be that upset. The Giants Angles series was all CA and it had similar ratings to last year and better ratings than Tampa Bay Philly.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Bud Selig would institute instant replay immediately and go back and overturn all plays that went against the Yankees and Phillies.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
They shouldn't be that upset. The Giants Angles series was all CA and it had similar ratings to last year and better ratings than Tampa Bay Philly.

Well to be fair, Bonds was dropping bombs at an insane amount, I'm pretty sure he was the main attraction.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
There are plenty of good stories to tell with players on these teams. Plus a lot of people would be thrilled with new teams in it for a change!

stangy24

Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
People (except for their fans, of course) are sick of seeing the Yanks, Sox and Phillies in the WS. I think when the Giants meet the Rangers in the World Series in a couple weeks, a lot of people will watch...

MLB would not be happy, but for a hard core baseball fan it would be great. A team that never went to a world series and a team that has not won in over 50+ years. Lincecum, Hamilton, Vladdy, Young , Kinsler and Cliff Lee in a world series ?? That is a nice star packed event that i would watch very happily.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The fact that they might even be a little mad just lends credence to the fact that baseball has become too much of a business for its own good. Now we are more worried about which media markets are involved rather than watching the two best teams duke it out.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
In my opinion as a fan you couldnt have a better series. Like someone said earlier people are sick of the same old teams in there year after year. I think the great pitching and some really good offensive players make it a very good matchup.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
predatorkj said:
The fact that they might even be a little mad just lends credence to the fact that baseball has become too much of a business for its own good. Now we are more worried about which media markets are involved rather than watching the two best teams duke it out.

I'm just not so sure thats true. Sure, fans will pull for there teams, but I see no rational proof of MLB being concerned. It's more of a false deduction being made out of observence than anything tangable in my opinion. MLB has, and will continue to embrace and support any teams that make the WS.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts