Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally! A shop opens up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I have tried to get one set up with someone for years, and finally one of the guys I talked too decided to open one up... only on Sunday's but beggars can't be choosers. I think I may have found my first job...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Once a week store is probably the best shot for lasting success, especially if he can get people there to hang on Sundays. Does he have a TV and place to sit to watch the games. You could have people chatting, watching and ripping packs all day.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
He runs a cellphone store, and he used to own a pool hall downtown. He kept his cards in there as well as a BUNCH of coin operated games.

One TINY drawback... years of the wax... BUT if he can hook some younger collectors and sell off the crap (he won't be charging too much...) then maybe I can convince him to try some new wax or singles. I see this as a work in progress, and I am going to see if I can talk to him about it.

My dad stopped in to talk to him and said I might ask him for a job (he knows our family, so he knows I collects), and he smiled at him. Hopefully he let's me. It would be an awesome first job, and hopefully I can get a working feel to go out and get a better job.

magicpapa: Do you mean what town or where in town?

Members online

Latest posts