Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies/Giants Game 2 Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, I'd like to see a close series here! But I just think we are going to see more of the same. Both teams doing well, but the Giants doing more.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
matfanofold said:
Yeah, I'd like to see a close series here! But I just think we are going to see more of the same. Both teams doing well, but the Giants doing more.

You aren't drinking your high quality H2O! ;) ;)

waterboy.gif

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
markakis8 said:
matfanofold said:

You aren't drinking your high quality H2O! ;) ;)

waterboy.gif

:lol: But seriously though, They are just a bit overmatched by the Giants. Tonight will show this even more so than last.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I want Giants to win, so i bet $$ on philly for the series, so no matter what, I win. Either the Giants win or I win money....may be screwy logic, but it makes the games more interesting to watch (twisted).

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
schillingfan said:
Overmatched by the Giants? Please!

Giants 1 - Phillies 0
Lincey W - Doc L

And after tonight I fully expect it to be Giants 2 - Phillies goose.

So yeah, overmatched.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
schillingfan said:
matfanofold said:
schillingfan said:
Overmatched by the Giants? Please!

Giants 1 - Phillies 0
Lincey W - Lee L

And after tonight I fully expect it to be Giants 2 - Phillies goose.

So yeah, overmatched.

You mean Halladay? And it was 1 game.

:oops: Yeah, Doc....

But thats because only 1 game has been played so far.

Jan 15, 2009
gt2590 said:
Why the heck are the Giants favored in this game? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me...
Sanchez has been pitching really well going up against a lefty prominent line-up and the Giants have done well against Oswalt, plus they won game 1.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
GiantsSuperCollector said:
gt2590 said:
Why the heck are the Giants favored in this game? Doesn't make a bit of sense to me...
Sanchez has been pitching really well going up against a lefty prominent line-up and the Giants have done well against Oswalt, plus they won game 1.

Oh, I understand all that, but the thinking that all of that makes them the favorite still eludes me. I'd take the ace-caliber pitcher with post-season experience and the better lineup every time.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
schillingfan said:
Sanchez is totally hit or miss. He's been hot but I'm thinking he may be a bit erratic tonight.
He has been good all second half, plus for the past 2 months he has been pretty dominant.

Yep, but I agree that he is still unproven and open to erratic stints on the mound. But to think, instead of hope, that he is off his game tonight seems a bit like wishfukl thinking instead of rational thought.

Members online

Latest posts