Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would the Yankees hitters do if they had to face Rivera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I heard this question a few days ago on espn,so i wondering what you thought about it.The run from 96-09 with 5 rings is great and they always came up with clutch hits when needed.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
For how long?

If for just 3 or 4 outs, probablly the same as anyone else but with a ever so slight edge being much more aquanted to his 'stuff' albiet still phenomonal. If for 2+ innings, they would probablly do well like most others that have faces him for 2 or more innings in a game.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
matfanofold said:
For how long?

If for just 3 or 4 outs, probablly the same as anyone else but with a ever so slight edge being much more aquanted to his 'stuff' albiet still phenomonal. If for 2+ innings, they would probablly do well like most others that have faces him for 2 or more innings in a game.

Its not multiple innings that hurt, its non-save situations.

i'd like to see Rivera's stats in Save Situations VS. Non-Save Situations. (leatherman...)

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
MOFNY said:
I want to know how good he could have been as a starter.

I would think average. After seeing his stuff more than once in a game, it would be very hitable. And once his 92mph sank to 88'ish he would get rocked.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
matfanofold said:
MOFNY said:

I would think average. After seeing his stuff more than once in a game, it would be very hitable. And once his 92mph sank to 88'ish he would get rocked.

I'm still not sure that multiple inning saves bother Rivera. Didn't Rivera have two or three -TWO- inning saves in the playoffs last year?

Rivera just can't do it in non-save situations.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
MOFNY said:

Probably good as he was in the outfield

EDIT: If he keeps eating thos XXL Chalupas, He wont be good at anything but sharting himself 10 times a day.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
bigpapiMA32 said:
Probably pretty terrible. For those who have faced him a little:

Teixeira 1/9
Rodriguez 0/5
Granderson 1/4 (HR)
Swisher 1/4

Doesnt that reflect most batters stats against him??? I mean maybe a couple players have good stats against him, but most will be 1/4 or worse.

Members online

Latest posts