Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping to Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I don't think you can use dc to Canada with 1st class mail...I don't know the cost either but I imagine it's less than $3 as that's what I paid to ship to the United Kingdom recently.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
i just sent a 2.30 oz bubblemailer for $1.66

youll need to fill out a customs form

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
magicpapa said:
i just sent a 2.30 oz bubblemailer for $1.66

youll need to fill out a customs form

By far the most annoying thing about shipping to CA or internationally...you actually have to go to the PO to ship there because of the customs form. Remember to put the value low unless you're going to insure it or the person on the other side may have to pay a tariff on the item.

whontime

Jan 3, 2009
Shipping via bubble mailer to Canada actually costs less than domestic shipping does some times (for first class mail). However, the down side to shipping via first class mail is that you can't get DC or any sort of tracking that I am aware of. I ship to Canada pretty regularly (especially when I sell hockey cards) and haven't had too many issues with packages not arriving. For higher end cards going to Canada I ship via USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail (the envelope) and it cost around $9-10 when using Paypal's online shipping and pre prints the customs forms for you saving you a ton of time with all of that junk. Also, I never fill out customs forms on the first class bubble mailers to Canada and have never had an issue with that or with the packages not arriving due to no customs form being used. When you print postage from the USPS machines in the post office, it doesn't require you to use a customs form for first class mail.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
$13 to mail registered up here..if you mark as gift on customs form we usually don't have to pay the wondeful 15% duty..most mailers I get the postage is either .88 or $1.66 depending on size of bubbler. it's freezing up here right now so put a blanket in the package :lol:

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
whontime said:
Shipping via bubble mailer to Canada actually costs less than domestic shipping does some times (for first class mail). However, the down side to shipping via first class mail is that you can't get DC or any sort of tracking that I am aware of. I ship to Canada pretty regularly (especially when I sell hockey cards) and haven't had too many issues with packages not arriving. For higher end cards going to Canada I ship via USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail (the envelope) and it cost around $9-10 when using Paypal's online shipping and pre prints the customs forms for you saving you a ton of time with all of that junk. Also, I never fill out customs forms on the first class bubble mailers to Canada and have never had an issue with that or with the packages not arriving due to no customs form being used. When you print postage from the USPS machines in the post office, it doesn't require you to use a customs form for first class mail.

So paypal will do the customs form too, and you can just drop it off like regular mail?

whontime

Jan 3, 2009
chuckbartowski said:
whontime said:

So paypal will do the customs form too, and you can just drop it off like regular mail?

Yes, but only if you are shipping via Priority or Express mail. You just fill out a couple of boxes and then it prints your postage and customs form for you as one slip that you attach to the envelope. You can't print first class postage from paypal for international packages though. I always use the online Paypal shipping and a flat rate USPS Priority Mailer for high end cards because you get tracking and don't have to stand in line at the PO.
Josh

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
whontime said:
chuckbartowski said:
whontime said:

Yes, but only if you are shipping via Priority or Express mail. You just fill out a couple of boxes and then it prints your postage and customs form for you as one slip that you attach to the envelope. You can't print first class postage from paypal for international packages though. I always use the online Paypal shipping and a flat rate USPS Priority Mailer for high end cards because you get tracking and don't have to stand in line at the PO.
Josh

Thanks for the info...makes accepting international bidding easier for me now.

I appreciate all the help.
My ebay auctions all read ships to US because I hate the hassle of thw forms and tracking so I cut it out some time ago. Would'nt you know it someone wins one of my auctions tonight from Canada! I thought eBay blocks them if I dont mark Canada as somwhere I ship?? Card cost $28. Now I have to send an invoice with the s/h fee for international. I feel I should charge double because now it means a trip to the PO, parking, long line, forms, and aggravation! (Why even bid if you are not sure of the s/h charge?) I know whatever I charge they'll think its too much and hammer me on the feedback s/h star. Maybe I should just cancel them for not following rules???

thoughts????

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
I appreciate all the help.
My ebay auctions all read ships to US because I hate the hassle of thw forms and tracking so I cut it out some time ago. Would'nt you know it someone wins one of my auctions tonight from Canada! I thought eBay blocks them if I dont mark Canada as somwhere I ship?? Card cost $28. Now I have to send an invoice with the s/h fee for international. I feel I should charge double because now it means a trip to the PO, parking, long line, forms, and aggravation! (Why even bid if you are not sure of the s/h charge?) I know whatever I charge they'll think its too much and hammer me on the feedback s/h star. Maybe I should just cancel them for not following rules???

thoughts????

My auctions state $6 for 1st class international. Most of that cost is having to wait in line at the PO.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
It's great that you are trying to find out about shipping to Canada, as one of the most annoying things for me as an ebayer from Canada is when people won't ship to Canada period. If it is a card I want/need I have no problem paying $15+ for tracked shipping etc but some just won't ship to Canada even if I'm willing to pay. A couple times I've missed out on PC items because of this. Kinda frustrating.

Amazing HOF Collector - I always ask if the auction does not specify shipping to Canada an would expect others to do the same. So if someone does not ask and you don't specify I would say contact the winner first, tell him you don't normally ship to Canada but you would be willing to in this case for $X. If they don't like it then cancel them.

jarcar said:
It's great that you are trying to find out about shipping to Canada, as one of the most annoying things for me as an ebayer from Canada is when people won't ship to Canada period. If it is a card I want/need I have no problem paying $15+ for tracked shipping etc but some just won't ship to Canada even if I'm willing to pay. A couple times I've missed out on PC items because of this. Kinda frustrating.

Amazing HOF Collector - I always ask if the auction does not specify shipping to Canada an would expect others to do the same. So if someone does not ask and you don't specify I would say contact the winner first, tell him you don't normally ship to Canada but you would be willing to in this case for $X. If they don't like it then cancel them.

I think I'll do that.
Thanks for all the great help and advice. :D

Latest posts