Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

up and down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
[ebay:cp1b51ve]290288362062[/ebay:cp1b51ve]

there was a thread about this card earlier and I though you may all wish to see the auction.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
bouwob said:
[ebay:2iurz3z6]290288362062[/ebay:2iurz3z6]

there was a thread about this card earlier and I though you may all wish to see the auction.

Thats insane. She almost sold it for like $15 right?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Teeny pic. :(

That's an awesome card, how much will it sell for? It's got enough exposure, I'd imagine a lot hah

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I love this in the auction...

YES! WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU RUIN THIS AUCTION FOR EVERYONE BY BIDDING IT UP AND THEN NOT PAYING.

I think I am going to start adding that to my auctions! :lol:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That's not the same card...well, it's the same card, but a different example.

edited to add: I believe the last PSA "authentic" example in similar condition to the recently found example sold for ~$25k. It's in much better condition than the one listed above, it's been trimmed down.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
another 6 figure card proudly displayed with a crappy ebay
picture. this continues to amaze me. That card is a stupid piece of crap.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
boomo said:
another 6 figure card proudly displayed with a crappy ebay
picture. this continues to amaze me. That card is a stupid piece of crap.

I'd be really surprised if that's a 6 figure card...granted, it's had a lot of publicity lately, but the one listed on eBay has been trimmed down a lot. I would also be surprised if the card offered by the little old lady is a 6 figure card...I'd guess $35k tops and only because it's had so much fanfare. I have a feeling, with all the attention she's gotten, one of the major auction houses has offered to sell it for her with little to no fees. If that's the case, it won't see eBay again for awhile, if ever.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
I love this in the auction...

YES! WE WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU RUIN THIS AUCTION FOR EVERYONE BY BIDDING IT UP AND THEN NOT PAYING.

I think I am going to start adding that to my auctions! :lol:

LMAO :lol:
Very funny. I think even if I had the funds but was a little tight with money with a yearly salary of $200,000, I would be sort of scared to bid on that auction with so many terms.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Is it really even a baseball card?

It is a business card. If something was produced as a business card, before baseball cards even existed; how can you call it a baseball card 140 years later?

G

bouwob said:
[ebay:3ajy8smd]290288362062[/ebay:3ajy8smd]

Wow 20 hours left and only 20+ grand I thought it might have been more by now

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Pine Tar said:
bouwob said:
[ebay:37lmgpug]290288362062[/ebay:37lmgpug]

Wow 20 hours left and only 20+ grand I thought it might have been more by now

A much nicer copy went for $24,000...the copy currently being auctioned looks trimmed to me.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Adamsince1981 said:
Is it really even a baseball card?

It is a business card. If something was produced as a business card, before baseball cards even existed; how can you call it a baseball card 140 years later?

Sure, it's an ad-back, like almost every tobacco card produced from the 1880s until 1920s. It's arguable, but that series (and all of its varieties) are the first known examples of images of a baseball player(s) being created for mass distribution. Either way, I'd like to own one.

Members online

Latest posts