Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold ref vs Orange ref

Gold or Orange

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
Which one do you guys prefer?

Golds are /50, but they are more appealing than the /25 oranges.

Considering EVERY year...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Until this year I would've voted for Gold, but man, do they look fugly now.

Orange for me.

selah150pslm

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I hope this doesn't get me thrown off the board, but I haven't seen a Gold Refractor from this year yet. But being /50 is a nice number between being short printed but yet being enough for fans of a player to get one. Plus for some people just having a BV of the card #'d to 50 makes them feel more secure.

From a purely looks stance, in previous years, I'd take the Gold.

CISCOKID23

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Until this year I would've voted for Gold, but man, do they look fugly now.

Orange for me.

IM WIth you on this one...before the new golds, gold all the way. now with the ulgy duuuduu golds and my new ORANGE I must go orange

DE-JESUS-2007-BOWMAN-CHROME-ORANGE-.jpg

Invest4DaFuture

Aug 30, 2008
Ive always liked Gold, seems like the perfect card. Not only does it look better to me but being /50 is a nice touch, its like its rare enough to hold in your personal collection but at the same time not super short printed where you cant afford it or dont see as many. I also think the market perfers gold more. So I think gold is a win/win for either your PC or your Prospect Portfolio.

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
Having pulled 2 oranges and 2 golds in the last couple of months, I'd say that I'd personally rather have gold up until this year. I like that golds have a book value and they look better then oranges from 2008 Bowman and earlier. 08 Chrome Gold's look fairly ugly , so if we're talking 08 chrome I'd rather take an orange, those pop a little more then in previous years.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I've always liked the oranges, for some reason...maybe because I pulled an 06 Chrome Orange of Alex Gordon:

gordon_front.jpg

in June 06 (had no idea who he was at the time) that I sold for $500+ which really got me into prospecting and back into chrome!

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
rbadger said:
I've always liked the oranges, for some reason...maybe because I pulled an 06 Chrome Orange of Alex Gordon in June 06 (had no idea who he was at the time) that I sold for $500+ which really got me into prospecting and back into chrome!

You have a PM back with a price my friend.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
So basically people are voting based on what they have pulled so far? So if you pulled an orange, you automatically prefer orange over gold? That makes no sense...

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Invest4thefuture said:
So basically people are voting based on what they have pulled so far? So if you pulled an orange, you automatically prefer orange over gold? That makes no sense...

And how does it make sense that you prefer Golds over Oranges when Oranges clearly sell better?

It's not all about the dollar.

Invest4thefuture

Aug 17, 2008
No I know... I just thought that people would be voting based on which one they like more, not which one they pulled... But I guess everyone has their reasons.

Members online

Latest posts