Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any members currently in college?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Ever since school has started, my time on here as been pretty limited (not that is a good or bad thing). My question is what is your current status in the hobby and your collection. I have thought about selling parts of my All Star Bowman Chrome PC at times, but now I'd rather not unless I MUST sell it. But I do not think I'll be buying/selling/collecting extensively anymore :(

Just wanted to hear from some current college guys. (And yes i know all the members currently employed, work is a factor and such like that etc-not forgetting about you guys :p).

Oh and **** college calculus haha

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Working on my PhD. Prelims this semester have sucked all of my extra time......thank goodness I did not buy A&G this year.

jhk

Sep 19, 2009
North Kakalaki
in grad school.... and yes, too much time spent on papers & reading... ugh... have a part-time job as a graduate research assistant... helps with bills... :p

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Yup, Junior at Binghamton University, and it seems my collection has come to a halt, with the exception of a few pieces that I find. I have only added 1 piece during this semester which was a 500 HR Autographed Baseball with Mantle, Williams, Aaron, Mays, Killebrew, Mathews, Jackson, Banks, Schmidt, F Robinson, and McCovey.

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
In the same boat,

In the past 2 weeks I have been thinking all of these things:

1955 topps set all psa
attempt at the t206 set in awful condition (minus big 4)
1955 topps set raw
key vintage rc's
selling my collection, selling parts of it

I think after a couple weeks of obsessing with vintage (because vintage would be easy to collect in college), I decided that I'm going to stick with prospecting, for now. I plan to sell my entire collection and start over, however, save maybe a few cards.

Zach

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
Ever since school has started, my time on here as been pretty limited (not that is a good or bad thing). My question is what is your current status in the hobby and your collection. I have thought about selling parts of my All Star Bowman Chrome PC at times, but now I'd rather not unless I MUST sell it. But I do not think I'll be buying/selling/collecting extensively anymore :(

Just wanted to hear from some current college guys. (And yes i know all the members currently employed, work is a factor and such like that etc-not forgetting about you guys :p).

Oh and frack college calculus haha
Check out khanacademy on youtube. His videos on calculus (and tons of other subjects) are really clear. Helped me a lot.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yeah I am as well. I haven't bought a single card in like 5 months. I am taking 18 credits plus a 20 hour a week job. Prospecting has become to risky for me anyway. I am more into the IP/TTM thing now. It is more enjoyable to me and less expensive.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I don't have as much time to sort cards and send out TTMs, but I still follow the hobby through FCB. I pick something up every once in a while. My location does allow me to get a ton of IP autographs during the year, which is a great break from campus.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Freshman in college. I definitely don't collect as much as I did before. I do a little bit on the bay from here but I didn't bring my collection with me.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Graduate Student, Kansas State University Distance Program, Masters of Science in Food Chemistry.

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
Senior at UCSD. My collecting habits have been much more infrequent since I started college. When I was in high school, I collected Zito pretty heavily. Fortunately, cards that I need of Zito are few and far between, so that coincided nicely with going off to college. Now, when I join the Peace Corps in a year my collecting habits will really come to a halt :shock:

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm a couple of years out of college, but about to start up again in a few months. I'll be teaching and going to school at the same time, so I'll pretty much be a ghost. When I was an undergrad, I stayed in the hobby by surfing eBay without buying...window shopping if you will, with the rare purchase every few months.

I've always been frugal with my hobby spending anyway; heck, I'm frugal with everything. Most of the money I spend on cards comes from money outside of mine and my wife's salaries. I imagine grad school will put a damper on my collection due to time, more so than money.

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
Final semester, 56 days till graduation! Now I just need to find a job so I can collect like never before :cool:

I have been pretty much been selling everything for the past couple years with no focus on any PC. But I'm thinking of starting a new PC of 1st Year Chrome Rookie Refractors of mid-range prospects to well known MLB veterans (pretty wide focus).

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I found my first year at UCSD to be much easier than high school. Each year seemed to get tougher after that but it was also the time I began spending more on higher end stuff. I quit my wannabe prospecting around sophomore or junior year as I no longer had time for it. Now I'm in my 4th quarter of grad school at UCLA and have since narrowed my collecting focus and gotten back to prospecting even though the workload has been similar to that of a full time job.

Members online

Latest posts