Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thanks TOPPS for #$%*ing up my Bat Barrel Search!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
Those are pretty lame. What makes it worse is that Topps is using the facsimile signatures from their first Topps contracts. A lot of players' autographs have changed substantially over the years. Sad. :(

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
shuedini said:
Those are pretty lame. What makes it worse is that Topps is using the facsimile signatures from their first Topps contracts. A lot of players' autographs have changed substantially over the years. Sad. :(

correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of players actual bats have facsimile autos stamped on tehir bats that don't exactly resemble their current autos.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I like it that Topps is putting "Manufactured Bat Barrell" across the bottom of the cards on the front. No doubt about its fakeness doing it that way.

BTW, how do they do the writing part? White ink on the wood or laser engraved with white paint in the depression?

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
vwnut13 said:
shuedini said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of players actual bats have facsimile autos stamped on tehir bats that don't exactly resemble their current autos.
Perhaps for Louisville Sluggers and maybe some other bat makers. But I know Scott Rolen uses Mizuno bats with his name merely printed in text as opposed to a signature.

I don't know, but this manufactured patch/bat thing is getting ridiculous in my opinion.

Latest posts