Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Patronizing our sponsor (Atlanta)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I had $305 in my paypal account burning a hole in my pocket. $200ish was from selling all of those Cliff Lee rookie cards. I've been looking at buying singles which is the conventional wisdom but didn't really see anything that motivated me to pull the trigger. I looked at the cases of 2010 Topps Chrome and thought about that and almost pulled the trigger. Especially with the new developments on the wrapper program. Ultimately... no pun intended... I fell for the thrill of the chase. Atlanta has a weekend special for 2006 Upper Deck Ultimate baseball for $149.99. I feel like I'm playing with house money and can't loose everything on this product. I bought two boxes. Each box contains a box loader with a printing plate 1/1 so right off the top, I have a couple 1/1 to dump and get some of my money back. I hate printing plates. Beyond that... copied from Atlanta web site...

Each box will receive:

- One Rookie Signature numbered to 180 or less!
- One Triple, Quad, five, Six or Eight Signature card numbered to 50 or less or an Autographed dual memorabilia card numbered to 35 or less in each box!
- One Dual, Triple or Quadruple memorabilia card #’d to 50 or less per box!
- One Dual, Triple, or Quadruple game used patch card #’d to 50 or less per box!

* Look for rare dual autographed logo patch cards only 1 of each made!
* Look for Ultimate Bonus packs in every box with each pack containing a 1-of-1 printing plate from various 2006 UD products, or a Legendary Materials Card, or a Ken Griffey Jr. autographed buyback!
* Look for rare Ken Griffey Jr. 1989 Upper Deck or Derek Jeter 1994 SP buyback autographs!

So overall, will I lose money on the break. Most likely, but I feel like I traded a stack of commons for two boxes of 2006 Ultimate. I can't wait to get the boxes. I feel like it's Christmas. Yeah... I'm a card geek!

Tom

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
For me at least

Busting > singles

singles have been "picked through"

Good luck and post your results

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Pine Tar said:
Wow Good Luck and can't wait to see if you get kicked in the junk, or you actually get something good from this.

Don't worry, I'll be wearing a cup when I bust these boxes. And besides, I'm done having kids anyway! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts