Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the Giants advance, FOX will be the big losers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Maybe. I'm real interested in seeing how the fairweather baseball fans react to new two teams.

People always cry that they want parity in baseball. They got it. Now do they actually support it?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Who cares who gets to the WS? Whoever gets there deserves to be there and that's that. Ratings will be lower with less popular teams, so be it. Ratings don't matter to anyone but the people making money off the sport. As a fan, I couldn't care less who gets there.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
sportscardtheory said:
Who cares who gets to the WS? Whoever gets there deserves to be there and that's that. Ratings will be lower with less popular teams, so be it. Ratings don't matter to anyone but the people making money off the sport. As a fan, I couldn't care less who gets there.

You sir are 100% correct. As long as its good baseball, I'm tickled pink. And I think we're gearing up for an epic series featuring great pitching and clutch hitting.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
They'll spin all the feel good stories from the Giants and Rangers that it will get casual fans (women) interested. Especially with Hamilton's past.

bozemanbreaker

Mar 20, 2009
Salina, KS
ThoseBackPages said:
bozemanbreaker said:
I'm more interested in watching a Rangers/Giants WS than any series involving the Yankees or Phillies.

but the casual fan isnt, and thats what FOX wants to draw in.

I consider myself the casual fan. I watch zero regular season games and sporadically watch post season games.

They will no doubt lose some of the market from the Northeast, but there will be a lot of Cali-folk tuning in and all of Texas is rabid for Rangers baseball right now.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
::facepalm::

Sore Losers? idiots? cant really tell yet............ we'll see after the Phillies are done.....

FYI
The San Francisco Giants (in an April 2010 Nielsons ratings poll) are the "Most Liked" Team in MLB, out of the 30 teams.

Oakland A's are #2

as in... they scored the highest in a poll on how people feel about the team overall

see Wall Street Journal article here
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704471204575210384180269378.html

BTW Yankees are the 5th "Most Hated" Team, Red Sox the 2nd "Most Hated" , Cleveland #1 "Most Hated"

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
I'm heavily interested to watch the entire series. I watched the entire Phillies/Rays series along White Sox/Astros, and Angels/Giants (most underrated World Series). Media needs to learn and know there are 27 teams in the majors that are not the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
fkw said:

Sore Losers? idiots? cant really tell yet............ we'll see after the Phillies are done.....

:lol: So most of the country are sore losers and idiots? (actually the Bush voters are, I'll give you that) People want to watch good baseball, hopefully they see the feel good Rangers vs the Phillies as opposed to the feel good Rangers vs a team made up of waiver wire scrubs that beat a far superior team that happened to slump at the right time.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
fkw said:

FYI
The San Francisco Giants (in an April 2010 Nielsons ratings poll) are the "Most Liked" Team in MLB, out of the 30 teams.

Oakland A's are #2

as in... they scored the highest in a poll on how people feel about the team overall

see Wall Street Journal article here
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704471204575210384180269378.html

BTW Yankees are the 5th "Most Hated" Team, Red Sox the 2nd "Most Hated" , Cleveland #1 "Most Hated"

That's a strange article. It more like most ignored with the reasoning on the Indians. I've never heard someone say their least favorite team was the Indians. I would guess almost all the fans of Central division teams would pick either the White Sox or Twins. Or maybe the Tigers if you're a White Sox fan.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Lancemountain said:
fkw said:

:lol: So most of the country are sore losers and idiots? (actually the Bush voters are, I'll give you that) People want to watch good baseball, hopefully they see the feel good Rangers vs the Phillies as opposed to the feel good Rangers vs a team made up of waiver wire scrubs that beat a far superior team that happened to slump at the right time.

Obviously Im ahead of myself as SF hasnt finished them off yet....

But I guess you can add the Padres, Rockies, Braves to the Phillies as teams who in your misguided words....."far superior team that happened to slump at the right (wrong) time".................what time would that be???? playing the Giants time Im guessin' :lol:
BTW which of the SF starters/closers/ROY were obtained through wavers??? They are the reason they are 1 win away from the fall classic, not because of the play of players cast off by others, like Guillen, Ross, Lopez, etc.

Go SF, send them Whizz Kid clowns from the "City of Brah Love", and their slumping fatheaded fans home to spend a cold winter wondering "what went wrong"...... aloha

Members online

No members online now.