Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My fellow Yankee comrades...how are ya Feelin'?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
am heartbroken....I really had high hopes that they would tie the series on Friday night...

I have to talk to AROD personally and find out what went wrong...was it the Grey Goose this week or was it Leroche...or wateva his name was...

LETS GO GIANTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILL POST PICS OF GIANTS LOCKEROOM CELEBRATION ONCE I COME BACK FROM PHILLIE!!! CONOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Jul 30, 2009
I feel like the best team won for sure. No questions asked.

I also feel like the Rangers have a rotation of Koufax, Gibson and Young. Although in reality, only one of them is truely lights out.

But for the first time in, well, perhaps a decade, Im not pissed. Im not even mildly ticked off.

Im cool with the Rangers winning it all, kind of feel happy for the fans since they never made it this far. At least for this year, let the Ranger fans experience what it feels like to be on the biggest stage of them all.

But with that being said, I dont have much interest in the WS except for perhaps game one with Lee vs. Halladay or Lincy.

Next up for Yankee fans? Bring on the "Hot Stove" reports and shows and constant "Lee close to signing with Yanks"......."Lee to Sox done deal"....."Rangers sign Lee" headlines only to see him sign with the Mets :lol:

Until the series is over: GOOOOOOOOO RANGERS (did I actually type that?)

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
jlvjr16 said:
am heartbroken....I really had high hopes that they would tie the series on Friday night...

I have to talk to AROD personally and find out what went wrong...was it the Grey Goose this week or was it Leroche...or wateva his name was...

LETS GO GIANTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILL POST PICS OF GIANTS LOCKEROOM CELEBRATION ONCE I COME BACK FROM PHILLIE!!! CONOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
You can chase down his car.

marhjan

Aug 2, 2010
The thing that makes it hard to deal with is that Cliff Lee didn't really beat us, Colby Lewis did... Colby Lewis??? really???? God bless him and all, but Colby Lewis really shouldn't be sending the Yankees home. He did, and the Rangers deserved to win without question, it's just frustrating.

Anyway - I say let's go Giants the rest of the way. I can't stand any team from Philly winning and the Rangers would just be hard for me to root for at this point - also my MadBum stash probably doesn't affect my rooting interest at all ;-)

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
That's the breaks. The Rangers deserved to win. The Yankees left too many on base, weren't patient at the plate and didn't manufacture runs. Sprinkle in a bad bullpen and....... viola! You've got a losing team.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I can't say I feel bad for the Yankees, they were outplayed from beginning to end. The Yankees were literally dominated for 50 of the 54 innings played.

Well at least they can think about the $100+ million they have tied up in 5 players and the HUGE money Þhey have to pony up for Rivera, Pettitte, and that over the hill, overpayed, shortstop of theirs.

I do hope they keep Girardi. He appears to be a great guy and an excellent manager.

Skrip

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm disappointed that they didn't play better. It will be interesting to see how the pitching reshapes over the winter.
I'll be pulling for Texas in the World Series.
DANNY

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
It happens. We got beat fair and square. Good look to Texas and lets hope the Yankees make it a memorable off season. We can start by getting rid of David Robertson.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Not a true Yankee fan, but not a hater either. The Yankees got beat by a better, hungry team. So here is hoping for a Rangers/Giants world series!

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
quite frankly im happy i have lost so much interest the last 3 years in the yankees when does enough become enough. If they sign Clif Lee, Im gonna start rooting for the Royals or soemthing.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
I can't say I feel bad for the Yankees, they were outplayed from beginning to end. The Yankees were literally dominated for 50 of the 54 innings played.

Well at least they can think about the $100+ million they have tied up in 5 players and the HUGE money Þhey have to pony up for Rivera, Pettitte, and that over the hill, overpayed, shortstop of theirs.

I do hope they keep Girardi. He appears to be a great guy and an excellent manager.

Skrip

Hey Skrip been to any October Cubs games recently. LOL. Your Cubbies could spend all they want to but choose not to and put a crap team on the field year after year. Hows that working over there in Chi-town. Wouldn't you like to see some top free agents at least interested in playing there? Come on man with Jeter he has lost a step or two but I am willing to bet most teams in baseball would still want him for everything he brings to the table.

Honestly though after they crapped the bed against Tommy Hunter this series was done. Hats off to Texas their line-up is legit.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
jcmint said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

Hey Skrip been to any October Cubs games recently. LOL. Your Cubbies could spend all they want to but choose not to and put a crap team on the field year after year. Hows that working over there in Chi-town. Wouldn't you like to see some top free agents at least interested in playing there? Come on man with Jeter he has lost a step or two but I am willing to bet most teams in baseball would still want him for everything he brings to the table.

Honestly though after they crapped the bed against Tommy Hunter this series was done. Hats off to Texas their line-up is legit.

I can't disagree with you about the Cubs. They are pathetic. Not much more I can say about that.

Come on Joe. The Yankees are just like Duke, Notre Dame, etc. People love to see them lose. For many reasons, and each teams fan base is a part of that. The ESPN east coast bias certainly has produced a ton of hate as well.

Anyways...if the yankees pay $20 mill a year for Jeter I am going to laugh hysterically. Jeter MIGHT be one of the top 10 shortstops in baseball, and I would lean towards in the top 12-20 range. Think of the non-yankees that make that type of money and how much better the yankees would be with them over jeter? How about miguel cabrera? MUCH better investment.

It should be interesting to watch what the yankees do this off-season after losing the division and missing out on a world series appearance.

Skrip

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
jcmint said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

I can't disagree with you about the Cubs. They are pathetic. Not much more I can say about that.

Come on Joe. The Yankees are just like Duke, Notre Dame, etc. People love to see them lose. For many reasons, and each teams fan base is a part of that. The ESPN east coast bias certainly has produced a ton of hate as well.

Anyways...if the yankees pay $20 mill a year for Jeter I am going to laugh hysterically. Jeter MIGHT be one of the top 10 shortstops in baseball, and I would lean towards in the top 12-20 range. Think of the non-yankees that make that type of money and how much better the yankees would be with them over jeter? How about miguel cabrera? MUCH better investment.

It should be interesting to watch what the yankees do this off-season after losing the division and missing out on a world series appearance.

Skrip

Why do people get soooooooo bent about who makes what. I could careless. If they wanna pay him 30 million so be it. Sometimes guys get contracts they dont deserve it happens everyday in baseball. its really not my concern. Wouldn't you have liked to see a Cubs homegrown talent win some championships play well in the clutch have the respect of damn near everyone in baseball and watch him close in on 3000 hits cause I gotta tell you its pretty cool.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
ballerskrip said:
jcmint said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

Skrip

They will and have to pay Jeter that but NOT for his on the field production. He is the captain, the face of the Yankees. I just hope they keep it to 2-3 years max.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
You are paying for Jeter beyond production on the field. I don't think it is fair to put a price tag on the captain of the Yankees, he deserves whatever he wants. When you have the money to give him, why not pay him handsomely for the way he has represented the franchise for the past fifteen years? Think of how much he generates in merchandise sales, ticket sales, etc.

As for the series, I basically agree with 011873:
I feel like the best team won for sure. No questions asked.

I also feel like the Rangers have a rotation of Koufax, Gibson and Young. Although in reality, only one of them is truely lights out.

But for the first time in, well, perhaps a decade, Im not pissed. Im not even mildly ticked off.

Im cool with the Rangers winning it all, kind of feel happy for the fans since they never made it this far. At least for this year, let the Ranger fans experience what it feels like to be on the biggest stage of them all.

Good luck in the WS Rangers

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
As much as I love Jeter and the impact he has had for my Yankees and the game of baseball, he is not worth 20 million per year. Thanks Jeter, but no thanks.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Congratulations to the Rangers. They were the better team at this point in the season.

But screw George W Bush for the shenanigans he pulled in stealing the land from previous owners that Arlington Stadium is built on.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I'm fantastic this morning! I'm glad they got beat. I'm glad that the wonderful idea of paying that huge money out to mediocre players has come back to bite them in the ass. Maybe now they will start, and yes I said START to realize you can't buy it all. This is a great day. Maybe now the brass will make the RIGHT changes so that New York will be contenders again.

Members online