Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I want a 7 game World Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Maybe I got spoiled growing up. My three favorite teams (Pirates, Royals, and Mets) each won a 7 game World Series from 1979 to 1986. The Pirates and Royals both came back from 3-1 deficits, and the Mets came back from 2-0 to win their last title in 1986.
However, the last seven World Series have not had the drama of a game 7. In fact, last year is the only season from the last seven where there was even a game 6. Since the Giants and Angels played a game 7 in 2002, there have been three 4-0 sweeps, three 4-1 series, and the 4-2 series last year.
From 1955-1960, five of the six World Series went to a game 7. The only one that didn't still went to a game 6. The seven year drought of a World Series game 7 is the longest in the history of the game.

More than anything else this year, I just want to see all 7 games of a World Series this year. It has been too long.

Members online

Latest posts