Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mystery Cuts Video, Too Funny!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigAppleJak

Aug 8, 2008
I don't know if this is our GMoney, but the rant is classic!

[youtube:2tmnqjmh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7C5S9-mzc[/youtube:2tmnqjmh]

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Personally, I prefer charcoal.

While I understand why people are upset (I would be too!), it's a gamble. You bought the case of cards (or redemption card) with the hopes of hitting an awesome cut and you got hosed.

Upper deck definitely shouldn't have put Tom Cheney in the product, but again, it's a gamble.

I guess that is why you should collect what you enjoy.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
He literally barbequed Upper Deck, and certainly got his money's worth of retribution. Apparently Tom Cheney is the all time single game strikeout champion... 21 in a 16 inning game for the Senators in 1962... not sure that this historic footnote warrants 74 of these cuts though...

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
This is a grown man?! I am appalled that a man of this age doesn't know how to BBQ correctly. First, never put BBQ on right away. It's just going to leave a burnt BBQ taste. Secondly, don't flip the filet so many times. That only dries it out.

In all seriousness, this reeks of desperation. I have no sympathy for this guy. He bought an expensive product and got burned which happens more times than not. He did say he liked the Alex Haley auto, yet is still putting it on ebay. There are many ways to collect, and he chose the pack gamble as opposed to player collecting. WHY?! Cuz he's not in the hobby to player collect, only to flip. I look forward to his videos where he bought a $100 box and flipped a card for $300. But good news to Tom Cheney card holders, there are only 73 left!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
justinmandawg said:
383astro said:
I would be disappointed too.....if my grill was that dirty.JK

It's called seasoning. A grill should never be spotless, or gas.
While I agree that charcoal is the only way to go, you do need a clean grill. Not spotless, which it never is after the first use, but clean. Anyone that cooks with gas is either lazy or don't appreciate good taste. I understand feeling burned by UD but that is the risk associated with case busting.

Jul 30, 2009
actually, this could be a genious move on his part.

First off, I dont blame him for being pissed. If he got it from one pack or from a box or from a case or bought it for $100, he surely never expected to wait 18 months and THEN it comes back as a $20 card of a guy no one has heard of.

Now, hopefully this vid goes out really far and some fool spends hundreds of dollars on it just because that card is famous ::facepalm::

In fact, I thought he was pretty calm....or maybe he screamed and yelled and broke his tv an hour prior :lol:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
What a surprise a whiny collector who feels entitled to something that was never even promised in the first place. WAHHHH I WANT A BABE RUTH MICKEY MANTLE JOE DIMAGGIO CY YOUNG QUAD cause I waited this long I deserve it so now I am going to jump up and down for attention. No wonder the outside world laughs at us normal ones when you have dopes like this over reacting cause they didnt get what THEY wanted.

And then in the comments I love how he claims he is doing this for the other collectors. I guess because if he gota $500 card he would also burn it to stick it to the man FOR YOU hahahah PLEASE someone close the curtain on this whiny drama queen.

Members online