Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps PEEK Performance auto....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I saw the same thing and it took me a minute. Stras is the same way -all the rookies are "Peek Performance", as in "sneak peek" or "Pike's Peek" or "Peekaboo Street."

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
mudflap02 said:
I saw the same thing and it took me a minute. Stras is the same way -all the rookies are "Peek Performance", as in "sneak peek" or "Pike's Peek" or "Peekaboo Street."

I think you are correct. Rookies are done as peek performance because it is a "sneak peek."

Pike's peak would be ak and Picabo Street is spelled nothing like it sounds.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I HATE to defend Topps, but this is not a typo, it's intentional. They spelled it "Peek" for rookies, as to say that we are just getting a peek at the greatness that is to come for these first-year players.

If they called it "Peak" Performance for a rookie, they would basically be saying that it's all downhill from here. Come to think of it, maybe they should've spelled it "Peak" for Strasburg. ;)

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Fail thread. It is peek as in a glimpse of whats to come thats why Leakes thing says 5-0

LOL No you fail. The two people above you said the same exact thing. Way to just spit out what they said and call it your own.

Members online