Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps PEEK Performance auto....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I saw the same thing and it took me a minute. Stras is the same way -all the rookies are "Peek Performance", as in "sneak peek" or "Pike's Peek" or "Peekaboo Street."

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
mudflap02 said:
I saw the same thing and it took me a minute. Stras is the same way -all the rookies are "Peek Performance", as in "sneak peek" or "Pike's Peek" or "Peekaboo Street."

I think you are correct. Rookies are done as peek performance because it is a "sneak peek."

Pike's peak would be ak and Picabo Street is spelled nothing like it sounds.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I HATE to defend Topps, but this is not a typo, it's intentional. They spelled it "Peek" for rookies, as to say that we are just getting a peek at the greatness that is to come for these first-year players.

If they called it "Peak" Performance for a rookie, they would basically be saying that it's all downhill from here. Come to think of it, maybe they should've spelled it "Peak" for Strasburg. ;)

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Fail thread. It is peek as in a glimpse of whats to come thats why Leakes thing says 5-0

LOL No you fail. The two people above you said the same exact thing. Way to just spit out what they said and call it your own.

Members online

Latest posts