Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What do you consider 'High End' cards/value?

What do you consider 'HighEnd'..?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I don't consider card value, but more of the value of the product that it came in.

However, if it is a base card from Exquisite, I won't charge more than it is worth.

EDIT: ^^For all high end cards

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
i chose more complicated than that.

$50 is high end if you are talking base.
$1000 is not high end if you are talking goudey ruths.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
A High End Card is any PreWar card I could never afford :D
ie Id have to sell my home to buy one....

I would never consider anything in last 58 years High End, except a couple of the Topps test issues (ie 1968 3D Clemente), or maybe the 1959 Esslinger Beer HR Derby Mantle.... if its ever "discovered".
I also think High End cards are only collected by collectors who can collect them, because they have a large disposable income, and dont care about the $$.

Obviously a PSA-10 1952 Topps Mantle (very overrated) is, and also the T206 Wagner, no matter how overrated it also is, is going to be High End because of the $$ involved in buy it... but Its nothing special to me, Its not Rare (est.65 known), and comes from a set Im completely disinterested with now, the "I see 200+ a day for sale" T206 set.

An example of a Serious High End card (below).... and I know none of you have ever seen it. To buy it you would need to sell your house, both new SUVs, and rob 4 banks for the down payment alone! ;)

1909cabanaspetehill.jpg

1909 Cabanas, John Preston "Pete" Hill
(if the only know example ever sells it will be an easy 6 figures)
Pete Hill is a Hall of Famer and has exactly 2 different cards with only a single example known of ea..... if you want to have a card of every Hall of Fame player, you will need it, but only 2 people in the whole world can say they have an authentic Pete Hill card from his playing days.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
I put $100 or higher. But i should have put "Its more complicated then that". For instance i wouldn't consider say a Roberto Clemente RC that was all dinged up with creases, but still sells for $100, as a high end card. But i definitely would consider a PSA 9 or 10 of that card as high end.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
fkw said:

I would never consider anything in last 58 years High End, except a couple of the Topps test issues (ie 1968 3D Clemente), or maybe the 1959 Esslinger Beer HR Derby Mantle.... if its ever "discovered".
I also think High End cards are only collected by collectors who can collect them, because they have a large disposable income, and dont care about the $$.

Obviously a PSA-10 1952 Topps Mantle (very overrated) is, and also the T206 Wagner, no matter how overrated it also is, is going to be High End because of the $$ involved in buy it... but Its nothing special to me, Its not Rare (est.65 known), and comes from a set Im completely disinterested with now, the "I see 200+ a day for sale" T206 set.

An example of a Serious High End card (below).... and I know none of you have ever seen it. To buy it you would need to sell your house, both new SUVs, and rob 4 banks for the down payment alone! ;)

1909cabanaspetehill.jpg

Pete Hill is a Hall of Famer and has exactly 2 different cards with only a single example known of ea..... if you want to have a card of every Hall of Fame player, you will need it, but only 2 people in the whole world can say they have an authentic Pete Hill card from his playing days.
A card does not have to be about non-existent to be high end. And what was that rambling about t206s? I don't collect them but the are one of the best sets ever made by anyone, ever.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
$200 is high end to me. As it would take me to really want it to buy it. $1000 would be super high end for me. If its a card I need and it would hurt me paying for it, its marked its spot. I have only paid more than $1000 for 1 card and their about 3 more. High end to me means more than I can comfortably afford.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
fkw said:

While this thread is clearly opinion based and I don't agree with yours, you have been thanked for the interesting info contained in it!

bigdaddyblue73

Sep 2, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
I think it's all relative to how much you can afford to pay for a card. $50 bucks is the limit for me on a single card or my wife will squawk.

She considers high end to be about $3.50.

(sigh)

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Since Vizquel cards rarely command a premium, I voted more complicated. I've been lucky enough to get really nice cards that for another player would well exceed $100 or more. Frequently they're $20 or $30, sometimes even much less. Heck, I just picked up a 2005 Prestigious Pros /5 with a swatch of Chief Wahoo for under $5 shipped. Granted that was a freak occurrence, but I'm sure the equivalent Pujols, Griffey, Jeter, etc. wouldn't be overlooked and would fetch a pretty nice price.

Members online

Latest posts