Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Worth it to get a table at white plains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Title says it all. I know there are a few of you that do. I go all the time, but I've never had a table. Also, any pointers for me if i decide to get one?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
trademhigh said:
Title says it all. I know there are a few of you that do. I go all the time, but I've never had a table. Also, any pointers for me if i decide to get one?

Shower....and brush your teeth. These two things alone will give you an advantage over 95% of the dealers at any given card show. Seriously. Shower.

Despite recent backlash against bikinis on this message board, DMC and I have thrown around the idea of having hot chicks in swim wear at our table to ensure everyone at the show stops by to check out our cards.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
trademhigh said:

How much are the tables if you know? I have always tossed around the idea as well, just not sure if it is worth it. I would have a lot of items NY people would want with Johans, but if its not prospects or vintage, not sure if many want that stuff.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
muchuckwagon said:
trademhigh said:

Shower....and brush your teeth. These two things alone will give you an advantage over 95% of the dealers at any given card show. Seriously. Shower.

Despite recent backlash against bikinis on this message board, DMC and I have thrown around the idea of having hot chicks in swim wear at our table to ensure everyone at the show stops by to check out our cards.

Naxcom did this for the first couple of years they set up at shows. The girls weren't in bikinis but rather very tight white shirts with the Naxcom logo on them.

As far as the table fees at White Plains, a booth runs $400 for the weekend and generally can fit 7 regular sized showcases.

Old Kentucky Shark

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas
muchuckwagon said:
trademhigh said:

Agree 100%. Also, dress semi-nice. A polo, or button-down and jeans. It's an easy way to stand out. Most importantly, smile and have fun. If you're excited about being there, it rubs off on potential customers.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
muchuckwagon said:
trademhigh said:

First of all, I want to thank you for the laugh. Secondly, both are great ideas. There's this one guy when I'm walking around, at every show with dark hair, that constantly asks me for a price on every single card I own, with the worst breath. Anyways, sorry for the mini rant.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
JVC said:
muchuckwagon said:
trademhigh said:

Naxcom did this for the first couple of years they set up at shows. The girls weren't in bikinis but rather very tight white shirts with the Naxcom logo on them.

As far as the table fees at White Plains, a booth runs $400 for the weekend and generally can fit 7 regular sized showcases.
Wait, it costs 400 dollars for one table?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Old Kentucky Shark said:
Most importantly, smile and have fun. If you're excited about being there, it rubs off on potential customers.

Bad advice if there are chicks in bikinis around....try not to get too excited or "rub off" on anyone..... :oops:

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
trademhigh said:
JVC said:
muchuckwagon said:
trademhigh said:

Wait, it costs 400 dollars for one table?

Technically it's 2 tables, one 8 foot and one 6 foot.

DaleMurphyCollector

Aug 7, 2008
Imagination Land
muchuckwagon said:
trademhigh said:

+1 on the hygiene thing.

I still say that having bikini girls at your booth/table would be HUGE! Heck, back in the day, the only reason I ever went to The Baseball Card Kid's table was to check out the babes he always had there.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
Based on my buying experience at the prospecting tables at the WP's show------Just set up with a board member or someone you know or has the same idea who wants to bring stuff at the show.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Would there be interest, for say a guy like Johan Santana, a Mets star, but not really prospecting? I know when I went it was either prospects, wax or vintage when I went there.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Johan Santana #57 said:
Would there be interest, for say a guy like Johan Santana, a Mets star, but not really prospecting? I know when I went it was either prospects, wax or vintage when I went there.

Hard to tell what people will be buying at any given show. Just have to hope for the best.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Johan Santana #57 said:
I'd say so. Would you be interested in splitting a table? Since JVC said it was technically two tables, we'd each get one at 200 each.
If so, drop me a pm. I already contacted them and gave them my info.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
JP promtions otyld me it was 250 to set up a small booth which is all I owuld need. He also said that it was sold out. It really comes down to what you own. If you could make your money back on 2 sales its worth it otherwise I would say to pass

Members online