Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Lesnar needs to do to improve as a fighter.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Okay, so, even before the Cain fight I was thinking this.

The DeathClutch camp is a detriment to Brock Lesnar.

Yes, it's his camp, he foots the bill for everything, and should be commended for that, and surrounds himself with the best people in his mind to train.

But I think that's the main problem. He's surrounded by 'yes men' who are only worried about stroking his ***** tattoo to build him up.

He needs to abandon the DeathClutch camp, and go join another camp such as BlackHouse or American Top Team. He doesn't need to be surrounded by 'yes men' in his own camp. He needs to be in another camp where they'll actually test him and not just work to his strengths. He's not really going to improve that much if he's only training to his strengths. He needs to be jacked up pretty bad in practice.

Yeah, Brock ended up getting his ass handed to him against Cain. But on one hand, I was very impressed with the aggressiveness of Lesnar. He immediately circled to his right, then shot right in. And he didn't look afraid to stand there and trade with Cain. They had a few good, quick exchanges. But Cain just rocked him. Sent him reeling. And then he finished him. Brutalized him ultimately.

But Brock needs to abandon his own DeathClutch camp to improve as a fighter.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Brock started his own team so he wouldnt have to listen to people. It was part of his downfall in pro wrestling and one of the main reasons he failed as a football player--he doesnt want to listen to anyone.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
GarkoCollector said:
Brock started his own team so he wouldnt have to listen to people. It was part of his downfall in pro wrestling and one of the main reasons he failed as a football player--he doesnt want to listen to anyone.

You're right, and he'll never get where he needs to be until he changes that mentality.

I think after this, he's already learned this lesson.

I read an article already that said he's going to venture out for his next fight, which will be a great thing for him.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I agree with you here. There are many fighters that have done just as you suggested, trained at an entirely different camp.

Hell, Sakuraba even went to train with Wanderlei and Shoot Boxe in Brazil after Wanderlei beat him like 3 times.

There was a comparison between Brock and Bob Sapp on Sherdog yesterday, and while there are obviously countless differences between the two, it is true that neither respond well to taking a punch. This is the downfall to many fighters and what determines who is a real legend IMO. The ability to take a shot and keep coming. Big Nog is the perfect example of this.

And yeah, Brock's striking is just plain ugly. He is an amazing wrestler and is ridiculously strong. This along with his raw athletic ability is how he finds his success. I don't think he has the "fighter's mentality" though that creates the true greats of the sport.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
boxbreaker44 said:
Lol im sure Lesnar needs your advice.

Well, someone needs to stand up and tell him what the **** to do. Because apparently nobody else will.

This is just my opinion. Not like he's going to be reading FCB, lol.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
He needs to go to Couture Camp in my opinion.They arent going to fight eachother,so it might be a good fit.He just isn't going to get much better on his feet to beat a guy like Cain at Lesnars age.

Members online

Latest posts