Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

You are a BUM!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
IDK how many people saw this video, but it gave me laugh a little bit. Basically, Alex Rios leaving a charity event, won't sign for people (I think) and some dude is yelling crap at him.

[youtube:23sueku5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt9hRCthV8E&feature=recentf[/youtube:23sueku5]

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
This incident occurred in Toronto just before he was released by the Jays. It was right after he had struck out 3 or 4 times in one game. My wife's cousin is a huge autograph hound in Toronto and he knows the guy who was yelling at Rios. Seems the guy is also a hounder and is known in the autograph chaser circles as a first-class a-hole who loves to heckle players and get them going.

The media made this incident out to be a "Rich Pro Athlete Swears When Little Kid Looks for an Autograph" story, but really the autograph seekers were the jerks. You can even hear the kid heckle some line about Rios' batting average.

Not to condone Rios' response in that situation, but it goes to show how some idiots can turn athletes off to autograph hounds altogether.

- R.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I love how the fat POS stands at a safe distance and acts like a tough guy to confront a millionaire athlete. Somehow I doubt that turd would do that to a cop, biker, or anyone else that would clearly beat his ass. Too bad Rios didn't get in his face and see if he wanted to continue the conversation.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Rios is a bum but this guy's hanging around Bloor Street late at night hoping to get an auto from guys like him. The average autograph 'hound' should not be condemning, well, anybody.

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
I heard so much about this incident, but never saw it. That was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

If Rios hadn't hit .250 that year after signing that big contract then that "guy" is completely at fault. But since Rios played like a complete joke I think he deserved. It should of been a wake up call to him but unfortunately it wasnt

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
VizquelCollector said:
I love how the fat POS stands at a safe distance and acts like a tough guy to confront a millionaire athlete. Somehow I doubt that turd would do that to a cop, biker, or anyone else that would clearly beat his ass. Too bad Rios didn't get in his face and see if he wanted to continue the conversation.
Yes, instead, he walked as he dropped a few F-Us and ducked into a car. :lol:

(I would have like to see him Russell Crowe somebody)

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I don't see why a grown man like this schmo would call him a bum. I get auto's when I can, but if an athlete doesn't want to sign then so be it. Resorting to name calling is stupid and people wonder why today's athletes are very inaccessible.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
IndyMann said:
I don't see why a grown man like this schmo would call him a bum. I get auto's when I can, but if an athlete doesn't want to sign then so be it. Resorting to name calling is stupid and people wonder why today's athletes are very inaccessible.

+1.

The hardcore ones think it is the player's duty to sign autographs.

I enjoy graphing, but there is a point where the line is crossed.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
yikes folks. Multiple good examples for any kids watching that go down.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
The guy was an idiot for calling him a bum, Rios topped him by acting like that over being called a bum. Someone refered to him as a millionare athlete like that matters and he shouldnt get called names?? Rios wouldnt last in Philly, NYC or Boston very long with those fans. Wanna play in the big leagues and demand loads of cash and the fans pay that salary, Might wanna live up to the contract. Mickey Mantle treated people about a thousand times worse then this after his career.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Man...we have one of these idiots around here too. He is majorly annoying and at one of the last Texans player signing events he almost got his ass kicked. If somebody comes along and he doesn't want his auto or doesn't get the auto he does want...he will stand around and talk crap to all the other players. I doubt Vlad Guerrero will ever sign here ever again because of this guy.

Personally I won't trash talk a player unless they are overtly rude which has never happened to me. I might form a less than nice opinion of some of them but I don't shoot my mouth off to them. And after a few years in it...I do understand they all have bad days and don't always feel like signing. There is no reason to sit there and say rude things to them. Its childish.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
Players are not obligated to sign autographs, especially on their personal time. The auto seeker was out of line and made an arse out of himself. When I was younger I went to a lot of minor league games. There was this annoying kid that would hand a player a stack of cards and have them sign ALL of them. He handed Buck Schowalter (mgr at the time) a handful of cards just before the game and he said "no". A couple days later there was a story in the local newspaper about how Buck shunned a kid seeking an autograph. The story was complete BS and made Buck look like an arse-hat. It's no wonder why players want to distant themselves from fans.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
predatorkj said:
Man...we have one of these idiots around here too. He is majorly annoying and at one of the last Texans player signing events he almost got his ass kicked. If somebody comes along and he doesn't want his auto or doesn't get the auto he does want...he will stand around and talk crap to all the other players. I doubt Vlad Guerrero will ever sign here ever again because of this guy.

Vlad is a very shy player and is uncomfortable around fans. He rarely signs for anyone and I don't hold that against him. But he will take pictures with fans. I have a few good shots with he and my wife. I really wish he were still an Angel, but glad to see him do well as a Ranger.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
mancini79 said:
predatorkj said:

Vlad is a very shy player and is uncomfortable around fans. He rarely signs for anyone and I don't hold that against him. But he will take pictures with fans. I have a few good shots with he and my wife. I really wish he were still an Angel, but glad to see him do well as a Ranger.

Yeah well this guy called him a piece of you know what. Yeah...needless to say it ruined it for the rest of us.

Members online

Latest posts