Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Has anyone ever dealt with "mikesmem" on eBay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
He has a ton of feedback, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone has.

I sold him a Frank Robinson auto card last month and I accidentally sent it to another buyer. When I contacted that buyer, he said he's on vacation and won't be back for ten days. When I contacted mikesmem about it, he didn't believe me. He thought I was trying to pull a fast one on him. I offered him a choice of a full refund (obviously), wait til I get his card back, or I even offered him another Frank Robinson auto I have in my PC.

He said "i want the one i paid for". I said, "fair enough, but you'll have to wait." After a few back and forth of me explaining I won't get it back for a while, he wanted his refund. I refund him, I get negative feedback, I move on.

Flash forward to yesterday. I get the Frank Robinson card back from the other buyer, and I relist it. Now I get a message on eBay from mikesmem asking me if I'll sell it to him as a Buy It Now. Why would I do this guy a favor?

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
I'd say sure and put it up as $1000 BIN. He basically called you a liar and then dropped a negative when it appears you were trying to work the problem out. Mistakes happen, it appears to me the guy was being a ******.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
If you're happy with the price he would pay, and still want to sell it, maybe see if he'd mutually agree to remove the neg from your feedback.

That way you'd still get the sale, and get rid of the neg.

I can understand his distrust, with all of the dishonest people on ebay now-a-days.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Just had this exchange with him:

"Dear mikesmem,

No thanks. The only way I'm dealing with someone who was as nasty to me as you were, is if you remove the negative feedback first. I tried to be nice to you over my mistake the first time and you couldn't have been ruder. I have a reputation of being very honest and friendly on eBay. I tried to make the situation right with you and you didn't want to hear it. Now you want me to do you a favor? The only way I even consider it is if the negative feedback is removed first.

- xcantgobackx"

"Dear xcantgobackx,

no ypou want me to do you a favor i won and paid fair and square then you said i accidently shipped to wrong person you sure got it back fast and relisted it i wouldent even give anyone negative but you caused all this not me rember customers are #1 guess not to you i talked to ebay already and it will get removed if you resell me the item

- mikesmem"

As to his "Sure got it back fast and relisted it..." The auction ended Sept 24th. Over a month ago. sigh...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So now you would risk re selling him the card. So then when he gets it he can say it was not described correctly and then could get a partial refund from you. I think he is trying to get back at you for making a mistake the first time. I would stay away...far away from him

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
yep - you've already taken the neg, and as irrational as he seems to be, I wouldn't be inclined to believe him when he says he'll have it removed if you sell him the card. He's already shown himself to be a huge PITA, and nothing suggests he wouldn't continue to be. Block and move on.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I've dealt with him and can say he's definitely in my top 5 of dumbest buyers on eBay. I've dealt with him multiple times and one time he bought two cards similar to the one you sold him. He paid fast, I sent them, he got them and then flipped out that I didn't send him all his cards. He said I left one out. I go to look to be sure and, like I thought, I only sold him two and sent both. He apparently bought another similar card from someone else and thought it was from me. It took about 4 emails back and forth to get him to take his head out of his ass. Earlier on, I had a similar experience to you. He offered on a card, I accepted, he backed out, then two weeks later he emails me and says "what do you need on this card," as if he didn't even remembering offering and backing out a few weeks earlier.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
KandKCards said:
I've dealt with him and can say he's definitely in my top 5 of dumbest buyers on eBay. I've dealt with him multiple times and one time he bought two cards similar to the one you sold him. He paid fast, I sent them, he got them and then flipped out that I didn't send him all his cards. He said I left one out. I go to look to be sure and, like I thought, I only sold him two and sent both. He apparently bought another similar card from someone else and thought it was from me. It took about 4 emails back and forth to get him to take his head out of his ass. Earlier on, I had a similar experience to you. He offered on a card, I accepted, he backed out, then two weeks later he emails me and says "what do you need on this card," as if he didn't even remembering offering and backing out a few weeks earlier.

Thanks for sharing. It really seems like pulling teeth trying to get him to understand basic, simple things. I definitely blocked him have made up my mind of not dealing with him anymore. I would recommend others do the same.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
After the last exchange with him, I definitely wouldn't deal with him now.

Too much trouble to deal with.