Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

F U FOX!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
JoshHamilton said:
Can't you unplug your cable and watch it on a digital converter box on network tv?

What if you live in an apartment building???

Stream it online and hook your comp to your TV. There are many places that have links for the WS.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
That is truly un American. I don't see how they can get away with that. If enough customers complain maybe they will find a way to show the games. Sorry for the crappy cable service, TBP.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
JoshHamilton said:
Can't you unplug your cable and watch it on a digital converter box on network tv?

I live in apartment complex and that's how I watched basic cable (ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) for a month this summer.

Network tv stations are broadcast over the air. Doesn't matter where you live, you should be able to get them (regardless of cable provider contracts with Fox). Of course, you'll need a digital converter box. This is what I did when Uverse died last Saturday during mizzou/OU and the NLCS. I just switched to Air

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
JoshHamilton said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
JoshHamilton said:

I live in apartment complex and that's how I watched basic cable (ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) for a month this summer.

Network tv stations are broadcast over the air. Doesn't matter where you live, you should be able to get them (regardless of cable provider contracts with Fox). Of course, you'll need a digital converter box. This is what I did when Uverse died last Saturday during mizzou/OU and the NLCS. I just switched to Air

where do you get the converter box for free?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Everyone in America with a tv set and converter box can pick up those 4 stations. Doesn't matter if you have paid cable service or not.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
JoshHamilton said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
JoshHamilton said:

Heck if you have a newer TV you don't even need a box just an antenna.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Is it really foxes fault or the cable stations?

This happened to me 4 years ago in CR. I think it was NBC that dropped the cable company and everyone lost the superbowl. The cable company than decided to provide rabbit ears so that people could watch. I think I saw 1000 satallite trucks that month driving around the city.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008

It isn't free. You can get one for $25 probably

Remember in early 2008, the switch from analog to digital broadcast by the FCC? They offered converter boxes (since not everyone has cable service) for $10 with government rebate? That's the box you need

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
JoshHamilton said:

Remember in early 2008, the switch from analog to digital broadcast by the FCC? They offered converter boxes (since not everyone has cable service) for $10 with government rebate? That's the box you need

the whole thing sucks

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
gvsu96 said:
JoshHamilton said:
NECpilgrims8 said:
JoshHamilton said:

Heck if you have a newer TV you don't even need a box just an antenna.

Correct. If you have an HD compatible flatscreen tv, you can get a crappy RCA antenna for like $12

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
JoshHamilton said:

the whole thing sucks

if you want to watch it and have internet, PM me and i'll give you my mlb.tv password

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Fracking terrorists. This is UN-American you need to call your local congressmen. Hell it is an election year
and I'm sure they would love to help you guys out. :D

Members online