Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top 10 hitters with a Bowman Chrome RC Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I was trying to put a list together of the top 10 hitters with a Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph (did not include guys like Prince Fielder) based on what they have already accomplished in the Majors. Off the top of my head:

1. Albert Pujols
2. Joe Mauer
3. Hanley Ramirez
4. David Wright
5. Brian McCann (maybe not quite the hitter as some, but 5 AS games in a row.)
6. Kevin Youkilis
7. Ryan Zimmerman
8. Ryan Braun
9. Evan Longoria
10. Matt Kemp

Agree? Disagree? Who did I miss?

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
brouthercard said:
Honorable mention:

Delmon, Rasmus, Justin Upton!!!!!!, Posey, Stanton.

I wouldn't place Hunter Pence in the top ten, but I would put him in front of these guys as of right now.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
Krom said:
Even though hes young, i might put Heyward

this is where it starts to get really gray. to me, his Bowman Chrom "rc" is 2007 BCP, which is not auto'd
You are right and i thought that way for a while then saw how much they are going for compared to his 07. It will always be more sought after than his 07.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Krom said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Krom said:
Even though hes young, i might put Heyward

this is where it starts to get really gray. to me, his Bowman Chrom "rc" is 2007 BCP, which is not auto'd
You are right and i thought that way for a while then saw how much they are going for compared to his 07. It will always be more sought after than his 07.

of course it will always be worth more, but it is not a rookie card. i would call it a rookie auto though.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
The list I put together was based on past performance, and only included "true" rookie cards (based on the old standard) which is why guys like Justin Upton and Jason Heyward are not on the list.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I love the fact that Tulo doesn't even have a fake BC auto RC. One of my favorite cards is the IP 2005 Tulo Chrome sharpie on card auto.

Too bad it is sharpie, but it actually looks awesome.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
The list I put together was based on past performance, and only included "true" rookie cards (based on the old standard) which is why guys like Justin Upton and Jason Heyward are not on the list.

I understand excluding Heyward on that basis, but not Upton.

His first Chrome was an Auto in 2006

Even if you count the aflac (which I don't since it is a redemption insert, not a rc) its an auto too.

I love the list, and it will be interesting to see guys like Posey, Stanton, & Montero stake their claim to it as the years go by.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
Topnotchsy said:

I understand excluding Heyward on that basis, but not Upton.

His first Chrome was an Auto in 2006

Even if you count the aflac (which I don't since it is a redemption insert, not a rc) its an auto too.

I love the list, and it will be interesting to see guys like Posey, Stanton, & Montero stake their claim to it as the years go by.
Upton does not make it because I am going based on what the players have already done in the Majors, not projection.

Members online

No members online now.