Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Yohermyn "Johermyn" Chavez ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

From a prospecting standpoint what are your thoughts on Mr. Chavez?

He's at High Desert (Adv A Seattle).
He hit .315 in 534 at bats with 168 hits, 30 doubles, 7 triples, 32 HRs, and 96 RBIs.

His only card is a 2008 Donruss Threads Auto /999 and a Topps Pro Debut card. Seeing his autograph is kinda limited do you guys think his overall value could increase if he has another year like that?

Thanks

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Lots of debate about this guy on the Jays forums'.

He'll have to show he can put up numbers without the help of the best hitters park and league in baseball.

marterburn

I don't get to go to many MiLB games, but I made it to a Lugnuts game last year (2009), and he was pretty rediculous. He literally wound up and swung on pitches where he thought the heater was coming and just tried to stay alive on everything else. Looked pretty funny when he missed the fastballs.

But, he did hit a laser double in one AB, there's some huge power potential.

Going merely by his stats at High Desert it doesn't look like he's changed his approach at all, which doesn't bode well for higher levels.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
If he can cut down on the K's he will keep on moving up in the system. He has big time potential but with a high probability of flaming out at AA.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
If he makes it, he's going to be really good. But the odds of him making it are long.

Put it this way, I'm not even close to worrying about the fact the Jays dealt him.

Members online

Latest posts