Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thank You San Francisco Giants!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
As a life long Giants fan, born in 1978, who suffered through World Series in 1989 and 2002 this is a fantastic night. The Giants did the unthinkable, they won the World Series. They beat all the teams and pitchers that all of the talking heads and ex-ball players, who think they know everything, said time and time again the Giants couldn't do. They never gave the Giants credit, instead they blamed their wins on "off nights" or "poor performances" by the other teams, but never giving the Giants credit for winning. The Giants beat the unhittable and unbeatable Cliff Lee, twice. They beat the great NL Cy Young Winner Roy Halladay along with Roy Oswalt, Derrick Lowe and Cole Hamels. And while they were doing that the media forgot about how good the Giants pitching staff was, with a two time Cy Young winner and multiple All-Star game appearences, they only commented on how well the other teams "great" starting pitcher was going to perform. The Giants pitching staff shut down two great hitting teams, Phillies and Rangers, not because those teams slumped, but because the Giants pitching staff is that good. They were that good all season long and no one paid attention, but they are paying attention now. So THANK YOU San Francisco Giants for fullfilling a wish I have had since I was a little kid. Thank You for winning the World Series, for giving the city of San Francisco a reason to celebrate and for honoring the past Giants greats by bringing a championships home. And most importantly thank you for giving this memory to me and my kids, who at 4 years old, fell in love with this World Series and everything Giants in a way that makes me proud to have passed this tradition of baseball on to them.

THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WORLD CHAMPION SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!!!

[youtube:3730hy6y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVdbfyvwso[/youtube:3730hy6y]

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
This is another great youtube clip (vulgar language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qFiutuOZ8
I'm a big Halo fan, but mad props to the Giants. Lucky for them, the Rangers played 4 really bad games ;) . Seriously, the Giants team came together when it mattered and not only because of their pitching. Scoring 20 runs in the first two games was impressive. Congrats to SF, they really earned it with a lot of players coming through with resilience (Huff, Renteria, Ross).

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
Still doesn't seem real,this post season had so many close games that I feel like there is another game tonight. Thank You Giants!!!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
Still doesn't seem real,this post season had so many close games that I feel like there is another game tonight. Thank You Giants!!!

TRUE! It's still very surreal.

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
kdailey4315 said:
ronfromfresno said:

TRUE! It's still very surreal.

Ain't that the truth. This whole season was a grind. A few times this year I sat back and thought "I went out of my way to pay for this?" (via MLB Extra Innings)

And then they close it out down the road from me. Crazy. :cool:

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Thank you MadBum! Hudson, nc represent! Its nuts around here. Guy could be elected mayor right now. Move over Caldwell county greats such as rube walker and Jack Curtis. :D

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
spahnandsain said:
Thank you MadBum! Hudson, nc represent! Its nuts around here. Guy could be elected mayor right now. Move over Caldwell county greats such as rube walker and Jack Curtis. :D

I thought he was from Hickory NC?

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
kdailey4315 said:
spahnandsain said:

I thought he was from Hickory NC?

The media never gets this stuff right. His first Bowman says Lenoir (which is where I grew up and is not correct). His address is in Hudson and his high school (south Caldwell) is in granite falls. Hickory is prob 25 mins from his house. All are small towns within 30 min drive. Guess I'm nitpicking but when a good player comes from my town every 50 years or more, I hate it when media gets it wrong. ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts