Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I hate to say it, but I think its time for my best player to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
RETIRE...he had a great season, but he just can't get it done in the post season..Vladdy can only DH, and only during regular season...

Time to pick a new best "current player"..hmmm....i guess i got 6 months to think about it....

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
It would have been nice to see him finish strong with the regular season he had. The Rangers just ran out of gas at the end.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
hofautos said:
RETIRE...he had a great season, but he just can't get it done in the post season..Vladdy can only DH, and only during regular season...

Time to pick a new best "current player"..hmmm....i guess i got 6 months to think about it....

Vlad has recently shown he can hit in the post season:
2008 ALDS Vs Bos: BA .467, OBP .579, SLG .533
2009 ALDS Vs Bos: BA .400, OBP .500, SLG .400
2009 ALCS Vs Yanks: BA .370, OBP .393, SLG .593

His option isn't much for the Rangers and a great price for a .300 hitter. He still can be a difference maker in a series. But Vlad did have a pretty bad post season showing this year. I believe he has another 2 solid years in him at DH.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
serving4theking said:
It would have been nice to see him finish strong with the regular season he had. The Rangers just ran out of gas at the end.

agreed. i really thought the Rangers' hitting would've shown up this series but no one did!

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
7 hitters had a BA of .200 or less for Texas. Probably the worst offensive performance in WS history.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
mancini79 said:
7 hitters had a BA of .200 or less for Texas. Probably the worst offensive performance in WS history.

hard to say, but you got to hand it to the SF pitching...
Watching Vlad strikeout and watching him in the field really hurt too. I hope he can get to 500HR as DH, but he is first ballot hof'er regardless....

it is time to think of a new best player though to root on, and to collect. Vladdy will always be one of my faves though, right along side Rickey Henderson.

vladbest2.jpgvladbat.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
hofautos said:
it is time to think of a new best player though to root on, and to collect. Vladdy will always be one of my faves though, right along side Rickey Henderson.

Would you like help with choosing? lol

if so, can we have some guidelines?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I'd be happy to see him go to Boston if you really think he's done. I sure don't see him as being done with his career. :D

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
mancini79 said:

I think that honor goes to the 1985 Cardinals. They batted .185 for the series, slightly worse than the .190 by the Rangers.

What's crazy is they batted .190 through six games, and would have WON the World Series if the Royals hadn't scored 2 runs in the bottom of the ninth of game 6. They were 5 for 32 in game 7, getting shut out by WS MVP Bret Saberhagen.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Mike shut your mouth! You just want to show off your duds ;)

As mentioned, the whole Rangers offense was offensive, and Vlad went .300/29/115 regular season, and as mentioned he's uber cheap.

I do agree that he seemed tired in the WS, but he's played in the playoffs then put up great regular season numbers how many years in a row now, I don't think a few extra games hurt him.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
Mike shut your mouth! You just want to show off your duds ;)

As mentioned, the whole Rangers offense was offensive, and Vlad went .300/29/115 regular season, and as mentioned he's uber cheap.

I do agree that he seemed tired in the WS, but he's played in the playoffs then put up great regular season numbers how many years in a row now, I don't think a few extra games hurt him.

i did say i hope he will continue to dh and get to 500hr...he can dh, but don't put him in the field, and sit him out like they did with burrell during playoffs...it just hurt too much to see him this playoff...i was just praying for a hit, but you know as well as i, he doesn't get it done in the playoffs...

Members online