Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is a "Can't Beat" price for 2010 Bowman Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
At what point to you say: "Wow, can't beat that!" Or use a scale:

$40: Don't tell ANYONE and buy, buy, buy
$50: Pick up whatever you can
$60: Pretty good deal
$70: What you'd expect
$80: If you really want to bust and LCS has it on hand
$90: Avoid

Correct my estimation if you would.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I would say $60 and below is where I would try and get it, most likey in about 2 weeks if you can wait.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Less than $40 = No brainer. Buy.
$40 - $50 = About right.
$50 - $60 = Not bad, not great either.
$60 - $70 = If you want to break early, this is where it's at now.
$70+ = This is the price if someone hit something amazing and BC gets new life...highly unlikely, but not impossible.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I'm confused.....

Prices are already at $45 per dlvd on ebay on cases...

So wouldn't you all be technically buying everything on ebay?

I'll be waiting till it hits $35-37 per box, then buy.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
frzg said:
I'm confused.....

I'd agree with you if not for the fact that I just don't feel right buying cases on eBay unless it's from a national dealer, which sets it price anyway.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
hive17 said:
frzg said:
I'm confused.....

I'd agree with you if not for the fact that I just don't feel right buying cases on eBay unless it's from a national dealer, which sets it price anyway.

You do realize the sponsors on FCB Atlanta Sport Cards sell cases via auction on ebay right? In fact they have 3 ending today, and yesterday their cases sold for $560 delivered.

National Dealers at their SET prices are trying to dictate the market and do not reflect the actual market value of a case.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Blowout was at $899 up until this morning when they were selling for $600 for the past 5 days. Now they changed to 'email for price'.

I honestly think blowout is sitting on a mountain of Bowman Chrome and we're going to see some ridiculous clearance sales for cases in the next 5-10 days from them.

They had a ridiculous clearance on Topps Chrome and I think it will be even bigger for Bowman Chrome as I'm confident they have much more BC than they did TC.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
frzg said:
Blowout was at $899 up until this morning when they were selling for $600 for the past 5 days. Now they changed to 'email for price'.

I honestly think blowout is sitting on a mountain of Bowman Chrome and we're going to see some ridiculous clearance sales for cases in the next 5-10 days from them.

They had a ridiculous clearance on Topps Chrome and I think it will be even bigger for Bowman Chrome as I'm confident they have much more BC than they did TC.

i agree wholeheartedly. they have the best specials on a weekly basis. Friday evening will be interesting for sure.
its also awesome that they provide free S&H when you spend $99

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
frzg said:
hive17 said:
frzg said:
I'm confused.....

You do realize the sponsors on FCB Atlanta Sport Cards sell cases via auction on ebay right? In fact they have 3 ending today, and yesterday their cases sold for $560 delivered.

National Dealers at their SET prices are trying to dictate the market and do not reflect the actual market value of a case.

I know that. I can just go to their website and see what they have it at. My point was that I don't want to take a flier on a "cheap" deal that might end up screwing me over.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
frzg said:

I noticed that too, and Topps Chrome (although not the same as Bowman Chrome) was between $30 and $35 per box.

I expect to see similar prices with 2010 BC, but maybe $40 at the lowest. There's no need to give this product away. . .yet.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
hive17 said:
frzg said:
hive17 said:
frzg said:
I'm confused.....

I know that. I can just go to their website and see what they have it at. My point was that I don't want to take a flier on a "cheap" deal that might end up screwing me over.

I've purchased boxes of ebay before, but I have to say, I'm weary of pre-ordering cases.

fyi, last I checked, Blowout had boxes of BC for $65. Meaning the case price should be around $780. I checked DA, and they have a case around $775. Both of these are a drastic drop from where they were at last week.

I think ebay prices and online retail prices are not a fair comparison.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
sportscardfanatic said:
hive17 said:
frzg said:
hive17 said:
frzg said:
I'm confused.....

I've purchased boxes of ebay before, but I have to say, I'm weary of pre-ordering cases.

fyi, last I checked, Blowout had boxes of BC for $65. Meaning the case price should be around $780. I checked DA, and they have a case around $775. Both of these are a drastic drop from where they were at last week.

Couldn't disagree more. The only way you can find the true market value is on ebay. If you're paying $780 a case, you're over paying by $230 as of today.

If blowout put Stephen Strasburg bowman chrome autos for $999.99, would that be the true value?

Cases are worth $550 as of today.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
frzg said:
$30: Buy in bulk
$35: Buy
$40: Decent buy
$50: Avoid
$60: Avoid
$70: Avoid
$80: Avoid

I couldn't agree more. This product is going to drop like a rock. Maybe not as far as TC, but darn close. I believe your sentiments are correct that there will be a mountain of bowman chrome cases sitting unsold at the major dealers, which will eventually lead to a firesale. This reminds me of 2008 BC to a T. Thankfully I'm on the other side this time instead of getting killed by it as in 2008.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
frzg said:
sportscardfanatic said:
hive17 said:
frzg said:
hive17 said:
[quote="frzg":a3ecfe67]I'm confused.....

Couldn't disagree more. The only way you can find the true market value is on ebay. If you're paying $780 a case, you're over paying by $230 as of today.

If blowout put Stephen Strasburg bowman chrome autos for $999.99, would that be the true value?

Cases are worth $550 as of today.[/quote:a3ecfe67]

Ebay is not True Market Value.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
BowmanChromeAddict said:
frzg said:
$30: Buy in bulk
$35: Buy
$40: Decent buy
$50: Avoid
$60: Avoid
$70: Avoid
$80: Avoid

I couldn't agree more. This product is going to drop like a rock. Maybe not as far as TC, but darn close. I believe your sentiments are correct that there will be a mountain of bowman chrome cases sitting unsold at the major dealers, which will eventually lead to a firesale. This reminds me of 2008 BC to a T. Thankfully I'm on the other side this time instead of getting killed by it as in 2008.
Everytime somebody hits it big though this stuff will spike, just like 2008. Sad thing is, I think more of 2010 was made than 2008.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
sportscardfanatic said:
frzg said:
sportscardfanatic said:
hive17 said:
frzg said:
[quote="hive17":2cc9y6gi][quote="frzg":2cc9y6gi]I'm confused.....

Cases are worth $550 as of today.[/quote:2cc9y6gi]

Ebay is not True Market Value.[/quote:2cc9y6gi]

i think it is. id like to hear your reasoning for why it isnt. When someone wants to see a CV of something, ebay is it

Members online

Latest posts